D&D 5E Hold Back The Night [OOC]

Queenie

Queen of Everything
Uff. [MENTION=8058]Queenie[/MENTION] that was a seriously dark character backstory. The tone of Absalom... *shudder* that was evil. Bravo.

I am good with that character connection. It would definitely be a strong way to play upon Fitz's guilty conscience and desire to repent (even if the curmudgeonly little bugger would never admit it with a straight face). I like how it also sets up a personal rivalry between the two mages Absalom and Severen the Gaunt - great material for our DM!

Fitz might even be an admirer of Lorelei's now - one of her many, I'm sure - though scarcely able to bring himself to a face-to-face meeting because of shame... Thus he contents himself delivering little sacks of gold through brass monkey clockwork toys, poems praising her beauty in music boxes, providing her a bit of insider information while cloaked in the night just outside the backdoor of The Velvet Rose. After all, a "Rumpel" like him would be laughed out of such an establishment, he is hideous compared to the effervescent Lorelei, and his dreams of once again feeling what he'd felt that shameful night frighten him too much to enter.

So...in our twisted fairy tale...he'd sorta assume a covert fairy god-gnome role for Lorelei.

Thank you, I have a sick and twisted mind, I'm just not usually allowed to take it out for a spin ;)

I LOVE this little twisted fairy tale! It's quite adorable in it's quirky way. I know the Rumpels are reviled but if there is anywhere they *can* go it'd be the Rose, I mean, that's where ANY ol weirdo can go. It's always the "normal" ones, right? ;) They might make him stay in the basement but there's some fun stuff happening down there too...

And let me say, Lei's probably seen WAY worser :):):):) than whatever he can come up with - and has HAD way worser :):):):) happen to her; he's probably the only one to ever feel sorry about it though.

But I love it. She's got a little collection of clockwork toys and music boxes in her room <3 Make some of them sharp and spikey to she has some dangerous stuff to throw at Absalom when he tries to abuse her. :p

Queenie

Queen of Everything
Also, while Teryn has spent many an evening at Lorelei's establishment, he only ever drinks, despite offers for...more.

How boring.

Maybe he should at least try the Fight Club in the basement. Have to get that tension out one way or the other... :eek:

Jago

Explorer
With all of the Character Sheets gathered up, I plan to begin this either today or tomorrow. I will have the initial IC thread up before Thursday, so if you have any requests for how you would like to start, please let me know. As I will be gone, my initial idea is to set the scene at Lorelei's Velvet Rose and let you folks ICly interact before I come back and kick off the actual storyline.

Shayuri

First Post
I'm having trouble thinking of how to get Grandfather associated with this crowd. He'd still be pretty young at the moment. Which could be amusing in an establishment of ill-repute. :)

Jago

Explorer
He's the kid that's always hanging around the older crowd, trying to help out, working as a bar back to keep his ear to the ground. Lots of ways ^_^

Not to mention he probably does not act his age at all, that alone would probably make most folk just accept it.

Foxbytes

First Post
I'm having trouble thinking of how to get Grandfather associated with this crowd. He'd still be pretty young at the moment. Which could be amusing in an establishment of ill-repute. :)

Maybe he can be running errands for Rana, a sort of paper route like job that she pays a bit upon receipt. With the druid background, he may have a natural knack for finding key components to her medicinal tinctures and treatments, like herbs and fungi, even in an industrialized sector of the city like the one we are starting in. Rana will be in the Rose very often, where some of her best patients can be found, treating for battle wounds and barfights, or *ahem* contraceptives and transmitted diseases of a certain kind..

Remove ads