• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Holiday Customer Service Hell.

DungeonmasterCal said:
While I was still managing the video store, a buddy of mine who managed another store in the chain called me completely freaking out. When I calmed him down (actually managed to get him to stop cussing), he told me some guy had walked in, went to the back corner of the store, and took a dump. They didn't find it until the guy walked by the counter on the way back out and more "fell out" of his pants leg. True story.
*blink, blink*

I have no response to that.

Stormrunner said:
I've had some "fun" management experiences too...

I never eat at KFC anymore after having worked there.
The sterilizing solution says in big red letters "Do not get in eyes or on skin". Of course, no gloves are provided for the dish-"washers" ("Washing" consisting of dipping the grease-and-batter-covered rack in the sink, spritzing it with water and throwing it back to be used again - with most of the chunks still stuck to it.)

One summer, I worked on a fire restoration crew - I cleaned up after fires that didn't completely destroy homes and business... just after I started, the KFC in my home town had an ENORMOUS grease fire...

Now, I saw some pretty gross stuff that summer. KFC was, BY FAR, the worst... between the dead rats, dirt, and general filth, I will NEVER eat there again. Ever. Just the smell makes me wretch.

We had to clean the place from top to bottom - start by cleaning the It took me in excess of 16 hours to peel the 9" thick layers of disgusting years-old grease off of a single frier... there were 3 more to be cleaned. My boss refused - and it's a good thing, too because I may have quit before I cleaned another one.

It is often suggested that the owner of that particular KFC started the fire in order to have it cleaned (wouldn't want to be shut down for health violations, and there were PLENTY).

Last edited:

Florian

First Post
Jesus_marley said:
How would they have explained your presence in the store on the day of the accident? If you had been "fired" the day before, why would you be there working? Simply going to the hospital would have established a paper trail that they would not be able to eliminate. I would have loved to have been there when that happened.. Mr. manager would have gotten a very quick lesson on employee rights and OH&S standards. He also would have met my friends mr. Lawyer, mr. reporter, and Ms. health inspector,

When stores (and managers) try to pull stunts like this, it will catch up with them. then mr. manager will be mr. Unemployed.
You would be VERY surprised at what employers in right-to-work states (or, in Stormrunner's case, non-unionized workplaces in union states) can and do get away with. And calling OSHA in does no good--OSHA always announces their "surprise" inspections in enough time for the employer to correct any safety violations (and then remove those corrections after OSHA leaves) and find out which employee called them in (so that the poor sod can be fired).

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads