• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Hollow Earth Expedition] The Disappearance of the Maria Solace- Thursday, 8p-12a.

Quartermoon

First Post
As mentioned in another thread, the ENWorld booth is inside the Hall this year, meaning it will be unavailable at 8:00. Any thoughts on how we find each other?

Resolution in HEX is based on 'successes'. Roll a die, any die (or flip a coin, whatever) and odds you fail, even you succeed. So if you've got 5 dice to attack and need 3 successes to hit, you roll and count up the number of evens. No big deal.

But, if you've got 10 or 15 dice, it gets to be a pain. So they made dice for the system. They are 8 sided dice, 2 white, 2 red, 2 blue. The white's have four faces with a '1' and four faces with a '0'. The red dice have faces with '0','1', and '2' (I forget the exact distribution). Blue dice have '0'-'3'. So, if you have to roll ten dice, you can roll 10d6 and count the evens, or roll 2 blue + 2 red and add the results. Supposedly the way they've distributed the numbers, it's mathematically sound.

I got a set as swag at the demo I went to last month.

GlassJaw said:
My Thurs night just became available - can I grab the last spot? Been wanting to check out Hollow Earth for a while now.
Done.

While I'm thinking about it, it turns out that the ENnies judges' reception it during this game's time slot. It would turn out that the one thing I've scheduled to do is apparently a problem.

I'm not going to blow off the game if no one can change their time slot, but would it be possible for everyone to find a better time, or is it too late?

GlassJaw

Hero
Finding another time is going to be difficult for me too. I don't have a Thurs night backup at the moment either - this was by backup. :p

Remove ads