• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Holy Pacifist Paladin Inspirations, Batman!

Tristissima

Explorer
I've developed a character for an upcoming Eberron campaign who is a Vow of Peace paladin. I had to add Vow of Poverty as well, simply to get my base concept statted out in an eminently reasonable six levels.

Basically, he fought in the Last War and quickly become disillusioned with killing and vengeance and politics. Still, nothing can beat a good brawl.

Well, maybe, once in a while, a particularly good fast.

He's very much the big brawler type, though I'm not building him on a boxer model. Very much the same idea, though. Despises doing anything that stands a chance of killing the guy, but loves getting the sweat out with some subdual damage.

Deity damn but I do love me some awesome A-level alliteration!

Oh, that's right, I have a point. Wait a minute, it's around here somewhere . . . . Oh, there it is!

So, to build on my framework/lay in possible future character development, I am looking for possible inspirations from history, literature, or story. Some sort of character or personage who has renounced violence but not competitive bouts of applied athleticism, preferably (though not necessarily) in a religious context.

Anyone got any ideas?

Last edited:

Greylock

First Post
That's funny. I just made up a Batman myself. And I plan on him taking two Paladin levels. Beyond that, I have little to add.

Except...

My Batman is an Aasimar. And a Sorceror. With goodies from RoD. Wings and such.

hth

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Kwai Chang Kane was only violent in self defense.

McGyver went to great lengths to avoid killing people.

The pulp-era Sandman had a sleeping gas gun...though he did occasionally fight people.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads