• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Homebrew Special Case Race Nymph/Doppleganger

skaveng3r

First Post
I am hoping that this great community would give this (mostly) lurker some advice (balancing and whatnot) on this race i've created.

This Half Nymph - Half Doppleganger is not meant for general PC consumption, but you never know where things go..., so balance is not really an issue except for the fact I do like to be fair with my players. These stats are a first draft, and the only change i'm thinking of is possibly a change of the Awesome Beauty to some form of marking.

Basically this is for a DM PC that is going to be the orphaned daughter of two PCs from our defunct 3.x campaign. (can you guess what their races were? :) )

RACE 1/2 Nymph, 1/2 Doppleganger
Medium fey humanoid (shapechanger)

Traits

Average Height: 5'5" - 5'8"
Average Weight: 90-120 lb.
Ability Scores: +2 Wisdom, +2 Charisma.
Size: Medium
Speed: 6
Vision: Low-light.

Languages: Common, Choice of one other.
Skill Bonuses: +2 Bluff, +2 Insight or Stealth
Awesome Beauty: You can use Awesome Beauty as an encounter power.
Change Shape: You can use Change Shape (MM, p276) as an encounter power.
Dual Heritage: As Half elf, PHB p42. (for these races, of course)

Awesome Beauty Half Nymph racial power
You stare deeply into their eyes as you summon the other worldly beauty from your fey heritage. (Ok, flavour text sucks... will have to work on.)
At-will
Minor action Ranged 10
Target: One creature.
Attack: Charisma vs. Will
Hit: 1d4 + Charisma modifier psychic damage and target is dazed until the end of your next turn.
Sustain Minor: The daze is sustained. Save ends. You cannot sustain and attack another target, but this one might be in trouble.

Thanks in advance for any constructive criticism.

~s

Remove ads