• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

House Cannith's Warforged Emporium

Cabral

First Post
Bleh. I wanted to start this off with a Cannith Dragonmark or Coat of Arms but I couldn't find a small enough pic to justify embedding it. :mad: Instead, here's a link. Pretend it's prefacing the post all slick like :)

The premise of this thread is that Warforged are too uniform. Where are the options? The chrome trim, the custom paint job, the hydraulics, the fuzzy dice?

Here at House Cannith, we know you need your warforged to be more pimped out than your neighbor's.

[/silly banter]

Here are some templates intended to make your warforged stand out from everyone else's. These are intended to be used with the Warforged Race presented in the Eberron Campaign Setting. Not having the MM3, I can't comment on how they would interact with those variants. I suppose after they are fleshed out, some rules on adding/removing. I would like to make sure all of them are +0 LA and although I don't want to restrict them insofar as who how many you can take, I do want to great incapabilities list. (No Small build Titans, sorry)

Small Build
Size: The warforged's size changes to Small (The template already includes modifiers for the size change)
Armor: As warforged.
Speed: The warforged's speed changes to 20'
Abilities: Str -2, Dex +2

Large Build
Size: The warforged's size changes to Large
Armor: As warforged +1
Abilities: +2 Str, -2 Dex

Nimble Build
Speed: As Warforged + 10 ft
Abilities: -2 Str, +2 Dex, -2 Con

Titan
Speed: As Warforged - 10 ft
Abilities: +2 Str, -4 Dex, +2 Con

Fueled by Fire
Type: The warforged gains the Fire subtype
Armor: as warforged -1
Abilities: Con -2

Cold Forged
Type: The warforged gains the Cold subtype
Speed: As warforged - 10 ft

I may also try applying the weapon and armor templates from the DMG2 to warforged.

So, no, I did not put much thought into the mechanics, just the concepts. However, what do you think? how would you change them? Can you think of more? :D

Zzyzx

First Post
I will be the first to bring up "balance": how do you think these changes will affect the CR of encounters, or for PCs their ECL?

I really don't think the Large template is ECL +0, since a 10' reach and larger weapons makes a measurable difference, especially at low levels.

I really like the ideas though. Now I just have to get an Eberron campaign going.

Remove ads