House Millithor in COSQ: part 4

Endur

First Post
Initiative Final Round (Round 7)
Torellan 24(-85): gaseous form to coffin.
Kilcif 23(-100): Kilcif shoots four arrows at Badrazel (20 critical, 16 hit, 1 miss, 9 miss) and two hit, inflicting 92 points of damage. Badrazael explodes in a blinding flash of light. All of the Drow and the Kuo-toa suffer light blindness from the glare.
Errtu, Kilcif, Matron Ki'Willis, Kripp, and Zieggrek are caught in the exposion.
100 points, DC 30
Errtu reflex save 19+23=42, take 50 damage, fort save 9+
Kilcif reflex save 2 +, takes 100 damage. fort save 7+.
Matron Ki'Willis Millithor, save 16 + , takes 50 damage. The undead body of Matron Ki'Willis Millithor vanishes in the burst of bright light.
Kripp reflex save 8+. takes 100 damage. Fried Fiendish Fish.
Zieggrek reflex save 9+. takes 100 damage. Damned Daemon Drow.
Quertus 20(-72):
Tierak 19(-72):
Narcelia 17:
Errtu 17(-66): Attack Kilicif. 20. Kilcif is beheaded.
Dariel 15(-61): Swept away by river.
Zieggrek 14(-188 hp): Full Attack on Errtu. Zieggrek does 16 points of damage to Errtu (DR, would have been 55).
Carcelon 7(-61): clw wand 5

Serpenteye

First Post
Ki'Willis' final thought as she's consumed by the light is one of deep and profound hatred against all reality, an all-consuming desire to see it all destroyed for the temerity of outlasting her.

Last edited:

Endur

First Post
Quertus calls out to the surviving drow to come closer to him so that he can cast a spell. Tierak, Narcelia, and Carcelon, blinded by the explosion that destroyed the others, stumble towards Quertus, relying upon the sound of his voice to locate him.

Quertus casts Greater Teleport and the four drow and Icho the quasit vanish and reappear in Skullport.

Back in Szith Morcane, Errtu howls in rage that the drow escaped his vengence. With a Stomp of his cloven foot, he shatters the bow that Kilcif used to slay Badrazel. He tosses the little that is left of Kilcif, Kripp, and Zieggrek into the chasm. Except for Kilcif's head.

Errtu holds the smiling bugbear's head in his hand. Flames shoot up, consuming the head until only a skull is left.

Errtu teleports to Maerimydra, to deliver the skull to Kurgoth. After Errtu tells Kurgoth of Badrazel's fate and gives Kurgoth the skull of Badrazel's Slayer, Errtu teleports away from Maerimydra to pursue his own goals.

One hour later, the vampires recover. The only creatures that still move in Szith Morcane.

Endur

First Post
Kilcif wakes up, with a major hangover and a severe ache on the back of his neck.

The feast has been going on for some time.

Every bugbear he knows and some he does not know are gathered around a long table, with the best foodstuffs (live and dead) and drink available.

At the head of the table is Kilcif's oldest friend Hrruggek, and Kilcif's Father and the Old Bugbear from Szith Morcane.

Hrruggek calls out, "The Balor Slayer Awakens. Come, Kilcif, we saved you the choicest cut! Tonight we eat roast Balor!"

Zieggrek awakens to find himself in the Abyss. A mighty fiend of the type Glabrezu sits upon a throne of skulls. A female drow is performing a sexual act on the Glabrezu.

"Ahhh, Zieggrek, welcome to the Abyss. Your death on the material plane means that you are banished from that plane for a thousand years. That is just as well. It is time that your father, Z’ker’zzt, took a hand in your education.
"I was worried that the Spider Queen would claim your soul. But her silence allowed me to intervene and rescue you. Not only that, but I was also able to claim your mother's soul. The three of us, one big happy family again!"

Zieggrek realizes that his mother, Dessa Sik-Morcane, is the drow woman performing the obscene sexual act upon the fiend.

"Before, I was the one bound and ordered to perform by the chosen Priestess of Lolth! Now, I am the master and Dessa will be my puppet for eternity!"

Kripp awakens in the dark depths of the Abyss. He is himself, he has not been transformed into a soul to be harvested, nor has he been transformed into a Daemon. His scales have a fried stench to them, but otherwise seem slippery as normal.

Nobody pays any attention to Kripp. After making some inquiries, Kripp discovers that this is the normal state of affairs in the highly chaotic plane that Demogorgon calls home. Particularly since the Prince of Demons is not currently on his home plane.

Kripp reasons that his future fate will probably depend on whether Carcelon performs well or not. If Carcelon does as That Which Swims in Darkness asked, then Kripp will probably be elevated and made a Demon. If Carcelon fails in the quest, then Kripp will probably be food for one of the many tentacled horrors that lives in the darkness.

A wall of bodies that stretches as far as the eye can see. This particular section of bodies is a stack of drow. Ki'Willis recognizes some of the drow beneath her that she had persecuted for heresy and other crimes against the Clergy of Lolth. Her rage grows as she is shoved into the wall and ignored, forgotten, to suffer for eternity the fate of the faithless.

Stacked in the wall, helpless to move or do anything but scream in frustration, it takes Ki'Willis some time to realize that someone is standing outside the wall.

A horned devil in arcane robes stands outside the wall.

"I told you I was looking forward to our next meeting. Although I was willing to forego your soul, I was only willing to do so because I knew that this was your pre-ordained fate.
"Your case came to trial before the Cruel and Uncaring Court of the Underworld, and since you neither showed up for trial, nor hired legal counsel, the judge found against you on a motion for summary judgment.
"I doubt you will ever manage to escape this wall. We will be foreclosing on Szith Morcane, House Menzoberanzan, House Morcane, and any other valuables you possessed.
"Goodbye forever."

Serpenteye

First Post
Endur said:
A wall of bodies that stretches as far as the eye can see. This particular section of bodies is a stack of drow. Ki'Willis recognizes some of the drow beneath her that she had persecuted for heresy and other crimes against the Clergy of Lolth. Her rage grows as she is shoved into the wall and ignored, forgotten, to suffer for eternity the fate of the faithless.

Stacked in the wall, helpless to move or do anything but scream in frustration, it takes Ki'Willis some time to realize that someone is standing outside the wall.

A horned devil in arcane robes stands outside the wall.

"I told you I was looking forward to our next meeting. Although I was willing to forego your soul, I was only willing to do so because I knew that this was your pre-ordained fate.
"Your case came to trial before the Cruel and Uncaring Court of the Underworld, and since you neither showed up for trial, nor hired legal counsel, the judge found against you on a motion for summary judgment.
"I doubt you will ever manage to escape this wall. We will be foreclosing on Szith Morcane, House Menzoberanzan, House Morcane, and any other valuables you possessed.
"Goodbye forever."

Ki'Willis struggles against her restraints in a brief explosion of rage before realising the hopelesness of the attempt. She sneers silently towards her neigbours, but her soul is hardened by the torment of undeath and she soon regains her composure. Hate, though still powerful in her mind, no longer consumes her thoughts.
She turns her face to the devil and smiles. "Forever is eternity, eternal potential. The only thing that lasts forever is change. Kelemvor will not rule this realm forever. This wall will fall, if only to my personal efforts to rot it from within. I will be free once again, and the world will feel my wrath.
You, as always, are irrelevant. You may leave now."

Time passes, and the Matron once again spins her webs of pleasant lies and poinsoned truths to weave strings of manipulation and rebuild some semblance of her former power. In time, perhaps, her power grows to a malignant cyst in the flesh of the wall. In time, perhaps, the flesh will die or rupture.
Hatred is a powerful force.

Forever is a long time.

Dalamar

Adventurer
Getting up from his coffin, Torellan stretches, as if his undead body needed stretching.
"That was refreshing..."

He starts wandering around the empty halls of Szith Morcane, greeting his children as he comes across them. Finally he returns to his coffin.
"This place is so... dead."

OoC: Lucky Faerûn that Errtu can only stay on the Material plane for an hour before having to return.

Pyrex

First Post
After waiting a moment for her vision to recover, Carcelon looks around to see who all made it out of Szith Morcane.

"In an hour or so Errtu will be forced to return to the abyss. While I doubt he's left anyone living in Szith Morcane we should return and see what or whom may be recovered and determine whether or not the Matron survived."

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Kilcif: Bugbear/Male (Barbarian/Ranger/Rogue)

As Kilcif nods his head in acceptance of Hrruggek request he absently rubs the tight knot of muscle that is his neck. As he approaches his spot of honor among those gathered he has no doubt that he is dead as he recognizes many of the bugbears here as being dead, some of them even by his hand, but as a race known for brutality and greed these actions and deeds where simply accepted.

As Kilcif took his spot of honor he felt no remorse and only acceptance of the simply truth and he raised a goblet of ale in acknowledgement of all who had gathered. Tearing into the roasted Balor meat and stuffing some in his large maw Kilcif gives a rare smile in appreciation as he roars in satisfaction, “The choices cut indeed!”

Seonaid

Explorer
Narcelia flashes a glare at Carcelon for speaking out of turn, but nods at the wisdom of her plan. "Let us head out as soon as we are all ready."

Endur

First Post
After a day of rest and recuperation, Quertus, Carcelon, Narcelia, and Tierak return to Szith Morcane. They find Torellan alone amongst the ruins.

The rest of the vampires fled the cavern in search of fresh blood. Only Torellan had the will power and the sense of mind to await the return of Quertus.

Carcelon, Narcelia, Quertus, Tierak, and Torellan go into hiding. Quertus focuses on arcane magical research while the others wait for him to develop the perfect magical spell to conquer their foes.

In Maerimydra, Kurgoth goes into a rage after he learns of Badrazel's death. He orders an immediate assault on Castle Maerimydra. The assault fails, and many of Kurgoth's best troops join the ranks of the undead.

Quertus uses Icho to contact Graz'zt, Dark Prince of the Abyss. He learns many dark secrets, including the fact that certain death awaits the drow in Maerimydra. He also learns of a hidden flaw in the Sword of the Dales, the phylactery would not have contained his soul -- he would have died in truth. Finally, Quertus learns that Lolth will return, it is simply a matter of time.

Icho attempts to provoke Quertus into attacking Irae T'sarran. Quertus sees Icho's lust for his soul, and strangles Icho.

As the Grave-rending approaches, Kurgoth tries a final assault, led by himself personally. The absense of Badrazel dooms the assault. Irae transforms Kurgoth into a Terrifying Abyssal Death Knight and his minions join the gathering army of the undead.

In Menzoberanzan, the war becomes desperate indeed as the duergar and fiendish forces breach the city walls and invade the famed city of the drow.

In their secure hiding place, Quertus assures the others that he needs but a matter of a few days more for his arcane research.

On the Grave Rending, Irae successfully casts the Great Revenance and all the dead of the city of Maerimydra rise as Revenants under Irae's control. Before she can lead her nightmarish army into the dalelands, the Heroes of the Sword Coast intervene by slaying Irae T'sarran and destroying the Unliving Temple of Kiaransalee, a temple that exists simultaneously in the Abyss, the Ethereal Plane, and on the Prime material plane.

Maerimydra becomes a Necropolis filled with an army of the undead. As the months pass, the revenants fall inert.

Lolth returns, and Carcelon, Narcelia, and Tierak are repaid for their patience with great power. Their faith is rewarded one hundred times over, as they gain the ability to cast spells they never before dreamed of.

fini?

Remove ads