• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

newbies guide for Fallout 4

Reynard

Legend
Conceptually they're not bad, but I have a big problem with their methods. To me, the way they give the people they help new lives isn't much different from killing them. And it just doesn't track that there's this highly competent, elite group of people dedicated to this specific cause when the Institute is supposed to be so feared and secretive.
Absolutely nothing in Fallout lore or setting makes a bit of sense. It is weird to call out the Railroad for it.

Zardnaar

Legend
I like the Railroad :(

There's major plot holes.

Basically the kill the people they're supposed to save then they blow up the only known way for them to reproduce.

Their missions are also horrible compared to BoS and Institute.

To poorly thought out, written, monotonous and don't think about it to much.

Kaodi

Hero
Is it possible to play this game as a FPS without bothering with all the mini games? I’m not big into farming, crafting, building, or any of that. I just want to explore, experience the story, and shoot stuff.
There is part of the main story that requires you to use a settlement but for the most part I would say you can play it mostly as an FPS? Crafting is perhaps the least "optional" in the sense of switching mods to optimize your gear, but even then I suppose you could adhere to an extreme "use only what you find, as you found it" ethos. Mostly it will limit the usefulness of random legendary gear. But you do not strictly need legendary gear to play the game.

getting back to actual tips,if you use three of your guess while hacking there are ways to removed either duds or reset your guesses. You'll want to look for things like the highlighted section, or basically matching of [], {}, <> in the same row
Fallout 4-2024_04_28-00_54_55.png

MarkB

Legend
getting back to actual tips,if you use three of your guess while hacking there are ways to removed either duds or reset your guesses. You'll want to look for things like the highlighted section, or basically matching of [], {}, <> in the same row
View attachment 360349
Yeah, regular old round brackets work too. I tend to only try one guess before going bracket-hunting, because there's no guarantee you'll get that tries reset.

Zardnaar

Legend
There is part of the main story that requires you to use a settlement but for the most part I would say you can play it mostly as an FPS? Crafting is perhaps the least "optional" in the sense of switching mods to optimize your gear, but even then I suppose you could adhere to an extreme "use only what you find, as you found it" ethos. Mostly it will limit the usefulness of random legendary gear. But you do not strictly need legendary gear to play the game.

You don't strictly need to craft either it's a convenience thing.

You just need to find or buy the weapon with the modification you want, take it off and put it on the weapon you like.

It's harder doing this with energy weapons and DLC weapons.

Crafting isn't as monotonous as building.

Another reason to skip crafting is low SPECIAL stats eg idiot savant and 1 intelligence.

If you're going to extreme levels eg over 50 or perhaps 100 you'll find everything you need and crafting is a waste of perks.

If you're playing lower level and not using DLC craftingbis more damage now.

Explosive weapons get all the glory but sonething like a knee capping or wounding weapon is more broken if you find it early. If you get such a weapon early appeal of crafting goes down. If you're playing high level it's not needed.

Armor is also an exception you probably want to take it.

It's also why I said charisma and intelligence are the best stats. Crafting makes the game easier, faster, more convenient. Building gives you resources.

If you're roleplaying extreme survival mode you keep what you kill and eat or drink what you find. Interesting want to play when you've done everything and can one shot the toughest fog crawler in the game using a non legendary unmodified tire iron.

Or you try clearing the glowing sea level 80 using said Tyre iron naked.

Another extreme way is level 50 or whatever without leaving Sanctuary.

Or merchant prince with all the elite vendors.

Mostly because you've basically done everything all the meta builds, fun builds, interesting builds and want to test how absurd you can make it eg head to nuka world lowest level you can.

Remove ads