Fallout Tabletop: What are you doing/planning?

Reynard

Legend
The TV show has obviously dramatically increased interest in the various video games, but I imagine there will also be uptick in TTRPG Fallout as well.

So, what are you doing or planning?

I am currently running a monthly-ish FO2d20 game. I started with the starter set adventure Once Upon a Time in the Wasteland, but will be veering into a loose adaptation of Winter of Atom set in the Cleveland area (where me and most of my players grew up). We are playing via Roll20 but not using grids and stuff.

What about you?

MGibster

Legend
I ran a Fallout campaign last year and my group really enjoyed it. I'm ready to run Modiphius' campaign Winter of the Atom once my Deadlands campaign is over.

I was tempted pre-show to look into the ruleset and now post-show I've started looking closer but the reviews I've checked out have been somewhat mixed on the ruleset. I'm curious what those here who have played it think about it.

aramis erak

Legend
The TV show has obviously dramatically increased interest in the various video games, but I imagine there will also be uptick in TTRPG Fallout as well.

So, what are you doing or planning?

I am currently running a monthly-ish FO2d20 game. I started with the starter set adventure Once Upon a Time in the Wasteland, but will be veering into a loose adaptation of Winter of Atom set in the Cleveland area (where me and most of my players grew up). We are playing via Roll20 but not using grids and stuff.

What about you?
The RPG was built on the minis wargame... both by Modiphius...
... my plan is to continue to ignore the RPG and Minis Game until I've seen the show; I've never been motivated to play the video games.
If they release a Lego Fallout... my weakness for Lego Games may kick in.

Reynard

Legend
The RPG was built on the minis wargame... both by Modiphius...
No. The minis wargames (there are two now) are their own things. The RPG uses the 2d20 system common to Modiphius RPGs like Star Trek Adventures. There is an "RPG rulebook" for Wasteland Warfare (the original minis game) but it isn't really a full RPG like Fallout2d20.

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
Im not currently, nor plan to run a Fallout RPG. If I did I think id simplify it by hacking up Free Leagues Forbidden Lands for a supply dice and narrative experience.

Reynard

Legend
Wasn't the OG Fallout a GURPS hack? Never actually opened a GURPS book myself.
That was the intent but they could not make the license work in the end, so they went with a new system called SPECIAL (an acronym composed of the names of the attributes). It doesn't look much like GURPS -- it is actually a d100 system that works (with some effort) on the tabletop.

Modiphius' game is a 2d20 RPG.

Remove ads