• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

House Millithor in the City of the Spider Queen II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seonaid

Explorer
"Can you get us out of here?" Narcelia asks. She will release a spider from her Figurine of Wondrous Power and order it to attack Death.

Dalamar

Adventurer
"Let me tell you," Torrellan starts as he draws and throws a dagger at Death, "that this thing has no sense of fashion."
He then executes a flashy whirl as he draws another dagger and launches that one too at the undead. He then takes a pose ready to throw again when the magic on the daggers return them to his hand.

Last edited:

Xael

First Post
"Hell yes I can, but that's not my call is it? But that thing is a bit too close to me...", Quertus speaks, before he proceeds cast Dimension Door (defensively) and warp a nice distance away from the Wraith.

OOC: If stoneskin protects against incorporeal touch, Quertus will cast it (defensively) instead. It could protect or not, I'm not really sure. And how close do others have to be for Quertus to get us out of here?

Last edited:

Endur

First Post
Quertus abandons the other members of House Millithor and vanishes out of sight in the proverbial puff of smoke.

Carcelon attempted a spell to cause a bright light to grow from her hands, but she failed in her attempt to create light in this dark, dismal place.

Narcelia uses her figurine to create a spider and send it after the Shadowy Creature. One of Torellen's daggers struck Death for 9 points of damage. Ki'Willis swings her rod of the viper and misses the Death. Dariel misses the Creature with one of his swords. The Spider appears to successfully bite the Death, but there is no effect. Marckarius tries to calm his lizard mount which is bucking out of control and trying to flee. Kilcif wonders what he could possibly do against a creature such as this.

Death smiles at Torellan. Death ignores the other members of House Millithor, steps into the spot where Quertus disappeared, and seems to be concentrating on something.

OOC: Quertus has to be within 20' of the others to pull them out of the Shadow Plane with him.

Initiative
Party
Death

Serpenteye

First Post
If the Matron has any turning attempts left she'll raise her unholy symbol and rebuke the wraith. The power of Lolth commands thee, bow down before me or face eternal unbeing!

If she doesn't have any turning attempts left she will send a Message to Quertus. Come back here and return us to the Prime.

Dalamar

Adventurer
"Death dear, black is so last decade, you should really consider something a bit more lively."
Torrellan keeps insulting the black menace as he propels his daggers at it again.

OoC: This is presuming, of course, that Matron doesn't rebuke it first.

Last edited:

Seonaid

Explorer
Narcelia steps closer to the main body of the party in preparation for a hasty exit. She orders the spider to keep attacking. If the Matron's rebuke attempt fails, she will try: "By the holy terror of Lolth, I command you!" she orders, holding her holy symbol in front of her with both hands.

Thels

First Post
Death? This can't be Death, can it?

For what it's worth, Dariel keeps striking his opponent on what he thinks are vital spots.

OOC: Fullround flank attack, taking 5foot step if needed. If no flank positions are available, full round attack.

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Kilcif: Bugbear/Male (Barbarian/Ranger/Rogue)

Kilcif seeing that the creature is cable of being damaged moves in, but stays close enough to the main body for a hasty retreat, and swing his mace with intent to main or kill.

OOC: Kilcif will try to do a full round of combat and allow Dariel to flank off of him… That is if Dariel is interested in that.

Endur

First Post
The Dark figure ignores the ineffectual attacks and focuses on Matron Ki’Willis. In a female voice that chillingly sounds like the original Matron Baenre, the Dark figures responds to Matron Ki’Willis’s invocation of Lolth by saying, “As the goddess wills.”

MM35_PG258.jpg

The frightening figure bows before Ki’Willis and performs an obeisance the way a male would bow before a vastly superior female.

The black cloak melts away, leaving two ghostly spiders that obey Ki'Willis' will (large spiders with a wraith template under the mental control of Matron Ki’Willis). Matron Ki'Willis realizes that the nature of the Shadow Plane enhanced her ability to rebuke and command undead.

Quertus rejoins the party from where he was hiding in the darkness and the party continues on the way to Araumycos, this time with Kilcif walking in front to deflect possible attackers from Quertus.

After a few hours, Quertus leads the group out of the Shadow Plane into the Underdark once more.

The stone of the underdark can not be seen. The floor, the ceiling, and the very walls are the fungus. Perhaps the fungus covers stone, perhaps this is a passage that has been carved through the solid matter of the fungus.

Bones of Orcs, Goblins, and similar creatures lie scattered. Battles must have been fought here in the last few months. A few miles later, House Millithor finds the Portal to L’Tarranen del Egluth.

There are no guards and the portal appears in working order. The party makes defensive preparations and passes through the portal.

On the other side of the portal, in a cavern of worked stone, they are met by a welcoming committee of a noble drow warrior wearing mithral armor and several drow commoners.

“Welcome to Szith Morcane. We have been expecting you for some time. I am Kiernan Morcane, eldest son of Alisannara Morcane. My mother dissolved L’Terranen del Egluth and renamed this place Szith Morcane.

“Undoubtedly, you are tired after your travels. Please refresh yourselves, and then I will lead you to the ruler of Szith Morcane. She will answer all of your questions.”

The commoners are carrying trays of liquid refreshments and food.

Matron Ki'Willis, Narcelia, Carcelon, and Quertus notice that Kiernan is not wearing the house symbol of Morcane, instead where a house symbol would be worn around the neck, he is wearing the holy symbol of the Drow Goddess Kiaransalee-- the Lady of the Dead, White Banshee, etc. A Goddess whose worship is prohibited in Menzoberanzan, Ched Nasad, Maermydrya, and most other drow cities.

Matron Ki'Willis notes that although Kiernan follows all the proper subserviant forms of address to the members of House Millithor, that he does not seem intimidated or concerned at being met by so many armed drow. As if he is certain that there is no danger that members of House Millithor or even random raiders from the Portal might attack him. Almost as if he is totally confident of his ability to withstand harm from any sort of attack.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads