House rule "sets" for Castles & Crusades

dunbruha

First Post
Breakdaddy said:
To me, this might tend to add back some of the complexity that slows down 3.x games. In and of itself it seems fine, but add a few more rules like this and you just about might as well pick up 3.x and play it again.

<shudder> No, I don't want to do that!

I'm thinking that this would be a CK call. Most of the time, the spell would simply be cast--no attacks of opportunity, no CON checks. But if the situation seems to call for it, the CK could call for a check.

Of course, there is still Scadgrad's point about this making spellcasters too powerful. I will see how it goes...

XCoconutMonkey06X

First Post
I have to agree with Scadgrad's ruleset. I haven't been playing for a great long time like most people on these boards but our comabts dont last nearly as long as they used to in 3.5. As for the wizards casting and all, they can just get down right nasty. Especially if your going with a more fighter heavy group who might not have access to silence and hold person and the like. Plus, like what happened in our game recently, if your lone caster gets hit with a silence spell, your pretty much down to your knuckle dusters to get the job done.

All in all, I think Scad's house rules work pretty seamlessly. I have no complaints so far and I like the insert of feats to add a bit of individuality to the characters. The "shoot your buddy by accident" thing can be also quite humorus *insert flaming bard story here*.

Remove ads