Houston Game Club?

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
prospero63 said:
I think some of the players from our general groups are going though (I don't know if you remember Eric or not, but he's supposed to be there tomorrow I think).
I do! Hopefully I'll see him around the registration booth.

I don't know if anyone here knows Theron, but I think I saw him in a crowd someplace, too.

Darkwolf71

First Post
Jdvn1 said:
That's a very old post you're responding to. ;)

I want to find the time to see that thing!
I saw that. I also saw that you had posted more recently, so thought I'd mention it. We'll be meeting again on March 2nd. You should contact AJ and come check it out.

Anyways, hopefully you'll find time for OwlCon sometimes this weekend.
:( Didn't make it. I'll have to set some early reminders for next year.

Jdvn1

Darkwolf71 said:
I saw that. I also saw that you had posted more recently, so thought I'd mention it. We'll be meeting again on March 2nd. You should contact AJ and come check it out.
The website says March 7th... :uhoh: I'll look into it, but I think I won't have time to make it until May or July. Still, thanks for the invite!
Darkwolf71 said:
:( Didn't make it. I'll have to set some early reminders for next year.
I was going to be clever and check the OwlCon website for when 2009's con will be, but I didn't find it on the site. That's what I get for trying to be clever.

I had a blast volunteering, though! I recommend it for anyone who wants free entry and a free t-shirt! (though, GMing games will get you the same thing... and there was way more demand for D&D games than supply this year)

prospero63

First Post
Jdvn1 said:
and there was way more demand for D&D games than supply this year)

That's kind of surprising. I've thought that the Houston area was relatively dead... we've been trying to find 1-2 players for the Friday/Sat groups for a while now... Maybe we just suck. :D

Jdvn1

Well, I don't know how well OwlCon games reflect general demand in the Houston area--maybe well, maybe not very well.

People who are active in regular gaming groups still take breaks from their normal gaming schedules to go to OwlCon (I say it's more than worth it), and people do come in from out of the city, though Houston is a sprawling city regardless.

Come April or May, I'll probably have time in my schedule to play in a Friday or Saturday game... and I had a blast in Mark's game while I was there!

prospero63

First Post
Jdvn1 said:
Come April or May, I'll probably have time in my schedule to play in a Friday or Saturday game... and I had a blast in Mark's game while I was there!

Yeah, we are still trucking along. Somehow I got drafted into being DM :]

Both the Friday and Sat groups are about the same level, 7th-9th. It's been pretty fun. They are currently treking through RttToEE in the Sat game. In the Friday game (I don't think you ever played with them, mostly the same group though) we are playing in a custom world and are currently trying to stop an apparent lizardman war...

Anyway, take it easy!!

Jdvn1

prospero63 said:
Yeah, we are still trucking along. Somehow I got drafted into being DM :]
I have an ex-Marine friend who said the term they used for that is "voluntold." ;)

I've never played through RttToEE, sounds fun! At least, I'm told it's a classic. Not completely unlike Mark's totally made-up monsters (I can't be the only one who remembers the flying mushroom lobster thing). Anyways, I'll see where you guys are in April-ish!

Darkwolf71

First Post
prospero63 said:
That's kind of surprising. I've thought that the Houston area was relatively dead... we've been trying to find 1-2 players for the Friday/Sat groups for a while now... Maybe we just suck. :D
I might be interested in a Friday game. When/where do you meet?

prospero63

First Post
Darkwolf71 said:
I might be interested in a Friday game. When/where do you meet?

Friday is in the West Gray/Shepperd area. Start time is around 7 PM and end is before 2 (usually between 12 and 2). The last 2 sessions though have been "one off's" out in the Sugarland area since the normal DM has been out of town...

Remove ads