Houston Game Club?

Boss

First Post
Jdvn1 said:
There's also Hero's Collectibles (though I tend to hate those places) which is a chain in various places in town. And, Bo's Comics and Cards (I think is the name), though it's so far out there that it makes Midnight Comics seem close to downtown (okay, I'm exagerrating). But, if you only care about gaming space, Hero's is an option.
If you want to ask about places with no gaming space, there's both Nan's and Third Planet. I'm not partial to either.

Don't know about Bo's, and is Hero's still around? The location that bought out Gamesmasters closed down (after Gamesmasters closed, I didn't bother trying to keep up with the store at all). As far as Nan's/Third Planet goes, there really isn't any space there, and on a personal level I got kicked out of Nan's and told not to return because I questioned why they wanted to write down every item I purchased on my check. Actually, I didn't question it, I said that i would prefer they didn't. But that is a story for another time.

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Boss said:
Don't know about Bo's, and is Hero's still around?
Bo's is deep in SW Houston--just past highway 6, south of Westpark Tollway. I wouldn't expect anyone to know of it. ;) It's mostly a comic place (they don't have any D&D books there), but the owner is really nice and willing to welcome anyone there to use their space (they have plenty of tablespace). It doubles as a restaurant (almost exclusively to-go orders, so you're not bothering anyone by gaming at the tables), which makes it nice for eating while you game.

Hero's... I, personally, know of one location still open. I'm fairly sure there are others around, though a number of them have indeed closed down.
Boss said:
The location that bought out Gamesmasters closed down (after Gamesmasters closed, I didn't bother trying to keep up with the store at all). As far as Nan's/Third Planet goes, there really isn't any space there, and on a personal level I got kicked out of Nan's and told not to return because I questioned why they wanted to write down every item I purchased on my check. Actually, I didn't question it, I said that i would prefer they didn't. But that is a story for another time.
Historically, I've never been a fan of Nan's. I always thought it smelled like smoke and I've had bad experiences with the customer service. I've heard that they're better, now, and they definitely don't smell like smoke (what with the no-smoking-indoors laws).

FusionBlaster

First Post
Boss said:
Don't know about Bo's, and is Hero's still around? The location that bought out Gamesmasters closed down (after Gamesmasters closed, I didn't bother trying to keep up with the store at all). As far as Nan's/Third Planet goes, there really isn't any space there, and on a personal level I got kicked out of Nan's and told not to return because I questioned why they wanted to write down every item I purchased on my check. Actually, I didn't question it, I said that i would prefer they didn't. But that is a story for another time.

There is one in Katy on Mason Road. They tried to buy out the local shop but he wouldn't sell. He really should have sold cuz he closed just last month, but that is another story.

I've been at Thrid Planet for an attempt to play a game. It didn't work. Nan's while central isn't for gameing.

Jdvn1

FusionBlaster said:
There is one in Katy on Mason Road. They tried to buy out the local shop but he wouldn't sell. He really should have sold cuz he closed just last month, but that is another story.

I've been at Thrid Planet for an attempt to play a game. It didn't work. Nan's while central isn't for gameing.
Do you live in the Katy area? From what I understand, most of the people weighing in here are either in North Houston, West Houston (Katy, you), or Southwest Houston (I think I'm the only one).

Jdvn1

sckeener said:
Ok, I'll chime in....you aren't the only one....though I am more on the Clear Lake side.
All right, that makes the aproximate 'center' to be actually around downtown, since Clearlake is more south or southeast, right?

Celtic_Bear

First Post
H-town Dice Geeks UNITE!

Hey,

I live in Stafford and run a Saturday night 3.5 FR game. There is a Hero's Collectables with in store gaming in Sugarland on HWY 6, just South of 59. Midnight comics is also doable for me, but the rest are a bit far flung for my tastes. That is the problem with doing ANYTHING city wide, the city is so far flung.

Good Luck Storming the Castle,

CB

El Jefe

First Post
Jdvn1 said:
All right, that makes the aproximate 'center' to be actually around downtown, since Clearlake is more south or southeast, right?
Yeah, I'm in Clear Lake too, and that's definitely more Southeast. Due south is Pearland.

Erm, looks like anything inside the Loop would be equally inconvenient to everyone. :heh:

Jdvn1

Celtic_Bear said:
I live in Stafford ...
Hey, that's closer to my part of town (I'm still farther out than that!), but at least that puts you right by hwy 59--which makes the loop accessible to you. ;)
El Jefe said:
Yeah, I'm in Clear Lake too, and that's definitely more Southeast. Due south is Pearland.

Erm, looks like anything inside the Loop would be equally inconvenient to everyone. :heh:
I guess we have a pretty even spread of people not close to each other. ;) I'm hoping that if we didn't get together too often, that it'd be more feasible to make a long trip. Yes? No?

Remove ads