Houston Game Club?

midnightcomics

First Post
Worldwide D&D Game Day Schedule at Midnight Comics

Hi,

This is John at Midnight Comics. I thought I'd post our WWDDGD schedule to make things more convenient for everyone:

Saturday, Nov. 4, 2006
Open at 9:30 am (normal open time is 11:00 on Saturday) Sign up begins for slot 1. GM name and adventure title will be available for each table at the sign-up time.

10:00 am - 2:00 pm Slot 1 D&D 3.5

2:30 Sign-up for slot 2 begins

3:00 pm - 7:00 pm Slot 2 D&D 3.5, HackMaster character generation seminar, Order of the Stick board game (hosted by game designer Kevin Brusky. Two tables available. This game is a hoot!)

7:30 Sign-up for slot 3 begins

8:00 pm - midnight Slot 3 D&D 3.5, HackMaster (two demo sessions using characters from the character generation seminar)

Other items of note:

1) Start time and format for the D&D minis game(s) have not yet been set. We are willing to consider suggestions.

2) Those wishing to GM games, please contact me (John Simons) ASAP for scheduling at 281-293-0226.

3) The Houston Gamers board game club will be meeting in our game room the same day, so there may be a lot of opportunity for pick-up board games.

4) We will still be hosting our regularly scheduled Magic CCG tournaments: Type 2 at 4 pm (no entry fee), and booster draft at 8 pm, $13 to enter.

5) Our maximum legal occupancy in the game room is 136, so we will have lots of space.

6) If you haven't been to Midnight before, we also accept trade-ins on all sorts of old gaming stuff (RPGs, board games, some CCGs, some comics) so feel free to bring anything you need to clean out of your closet.

Hope this is helpful!

John Simons
Midnight Comics & Games

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
I suppose that brings up a good point... what would we want to do at a Houston Game Club meeting? Would a four-hour slot (presumably, only running through the WWDDGD game) be what we'd want to do at our first meeting?

It kind of depends on how many we're going to have, too. If we had too many people, running a game is not going to be conducive to getting to know each other.

El Jefe

First Post
So did we pick a place yet? Midnight got out voted in the poll (by 3 votes to 2, hardly a decisive defeat), but has seemed the most involved here. We only have a few more days, let's just pick a place and do it.

AntiStateQuixote

Enemy of the State
El Jefe said:
So did we pick a place yet? Midnight got out voted in the poll (by 3 votes to 2, hardly a decisive defeat), but has seemed the most involved here. We only have a few more days, let's just pick a place and do it.
I voted for Enigma, but that was before John posted. I'm definitely cool with going with Midnight . . . what time do we want to meet? What do we want to do?

I'm cool with playing a game slot, but I would rather just meet people.

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Brent_Nall said:
I voted for Enigma, but that was before John posted. I'm definitely cool with going with Midnight . . . what time do we want to meet? What do we want to do?
Well, I'd have to leave by 3 or 3:30, so late morning/early afternoon would work best for me (I like to sleep in on Saturdays though! ;) ). Anyway, John didn't say he'd do anything special for us--we'd just be another group reserving a table, just like at any other place we'd go to.
Brent_Nall said:
I'm cool with playing a game slot, but I would rather just meet people.
Same here. But that also means we could've just met somewhere else and had lunch. :lol:

There's a chinese buffet right by Midnight, but I have no clue how good it is, and there's also a relatively popular restaurant (Fry's, I think, I've never been there either :heh: ) on the other side of it. Both in the same shopping strip. There's a decent Indian place down the street a little bit (like, two or three blocks?). Indian places usually have lunch buffets, and I've been there, but I don't know if lunch buffets are a weekday thing or what.

There are actually a lot of different restaurants and places in that area, so if we decided to do something else after we got to Midnight, it wouldn't be a problem anyway.

El Jefe

First Post
I was at Midnight today from 10 to 3. John said lots of people were in and out (I was upstairs much of the time), but no one else had specifically mentioned ENWorld.

Not a bad day, and it's a nice store.

sckeener

First Post
El Jefe said:
I was at Midnight today from 10 to 3. John said lots of people were in and out (I was upstairs much of the time), but no one else had specifically mentioned ENWorld.

Not a bad day, and it's a nice store.

Sorry I missed it. :(

But I put earnest money down on a house instead :D

Remove ads