• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Houston Games?

doce

First Post
I've just moved back to the Houston after many many years in Dallas & Austin. I'm looking to either get into, or run, a game. Or both.

If I run a game... my world runs on the Star Wars rules but is not really Star Wars. Think of it as Star Wars, set in our own distant future with similarities to Cowboy Bebop, and a decidedly Heinlein-esque twist, and plots are slightly more D&D-ish than Sci-Fi-ish. Man has colonized space and Old Home Earth is almost void. Human life is now centered around Jupiter, mostly living in space stations and a few poorly organized terraformed moons. Terraforming technology is largely imperfect and most projects end after only 100 years or so. Rules are largely basic Star Wars, including the Jedi (different name, though). Space combat is extremely rare, but aerial combat is more common.

If you have a going game and need another player, or if you're interested in playing in mine, please email me or follow up to this thread.

Doce
derr@doce.org

Last edited:

Pyske

Explorer
doce said:
If you have a going game and need another player, or if you're interested in playing in mine, please email me or follow up to this thread.

Hey Doce. After checking with my DM, our Sunday group has an opening. The campaign is Realms based, with the premise that epic level events are happening in the background, but the PCs are not at the "save the world" level. Instead, they are trying to pull their weight and be heroes in a world where many of the prime movers and shakers simply outclass them.

We are a pretty good mix between roleplaying and combat. The campaign is fairly high magic, with the current characters ranging between 5th and 8th levels, with the difference depending mostly on attendence.

We meet biweekly, and are currently playing at my place in Spring, but most of the others are from SW Houston, so that location may be subject to change. Drop me a line if you're interested; I'm on AOL at the same address as my username. (Note: the spelling messes with some people -- P-Y-S, not P-S-Y).

I'll be happy to provide more details if you need them.

. . . . . . . -- Eric

Remove ads