• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

How are you accessing the D&D Next playtest materials?

How did you access the playtest materials?

• WotC's website

Votes: 510 71.2%
  • Email from other participants

Votes: 19 2.7%
  • Torrents

Votes: 55 7.7%
  • Google Docs

Votes: 12 1.7%
  • Other hosting sites

Votes: 26 3.6%
  • Someone else's printout at the game table

Votes: 6 0.8%
  • Other source(s)

Votes: 7 1.0%
  • I haven't accessed the material at all

Votes: 81 11.3%

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
This is a poll to get a rough idea of the percentages of different ways people are accessing the D&D Next playtest materials.

I'd like to stress that we're only looking for percentages; nobody's going to shop you in to the WotC secret police. If you're uncomfortable voting, please feel free to skip it.

The poll lists a number of possible sources - the officially sanctioned source at WotC's website, and a number of others. Please select the one which applies to you. Again, we're only after the overall percentages; we will not be passing specific information on to anyone else.

If you're viewing this on the news page, the poll is to your right --->. If you're viewing it as a forum thread, it's at the top of the thread ^. If you're viewing it in the newsletter, you'll need to click through to the site to vote, likewise if you're viewing it on a mobile app. If you're viewing it some other way, then I haven't a clue. Click on one of the links or something.

Attachments

• Dungeons-and-Dragons-logo.png
    Dungeons-and-Dragons-logo.png
    30.2 KB · Views: 244
Last edited:

Stumblewyk

Adventurer
I chose the "WotC's website" option, since I did manage to eventually obtain the material legitimately. However, until that was actually possible, I had initially downloaded the files from a Google Docs mirror. =/

OnlineDM

Adventurer
I was able to get the material on launch day, so that's been my access point. However, I do personally know of people who have gotten it via emails from friends or via printouts at the game table.

It took me a week to get the files; the work-arounds on WotC's web-site weren't working for me, and I didn't feel like re-signing-up for the playest to regenerate the email given the other server problems, and then I went on vacation (and had planned to spend some of the time reading and maybe playing).

When I came back, I got them from the WotC website.

Agamon

Adventurer
Huh. I know getting the material was problematic the first day (trust me, I know), but according to this very unofficial poll, 20% of those that downloaded it don't care to give feedback. That's a lot higher number than I would have guessed.

jadrax

Adventurer
Huh. I know getting the material was problematic the first day (trust me, I know), but according to this very unofficial poll, 20% of those that downloaded it don't care to give feedback. That's a lot higher number than I would have guessed.

Not speaking for personal experience, but its possible they downloaded a way that worked on the first day and then used the WotC system later.

GSHamster

Adventurer

I don't understand the relationship. I signed up for the playtest, signed the forms, got the email, but just couldn't access the files on the server. So I found a torrent on a torrent site, and downloaded it that way.

I still got the feedback survey email from WotC.

Remove ads