• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

How are you accessing the D&D Next playtest materials?

How did you access the playtest materials?

• WotC's website

Votes: 510 71.2%
  • Email from other participants

Votes: 19 2.7%
  • Torrents

Votes: 55 7.7%
  • Google Docs

Votes: 12 1.7%
  • Other hosting sites

Votes: 26 3.6%
  • Someone else's printout at the game table

Votes: 6 0.8%
  • Other source(s)

Votes: 7 1.0%
  • I haven't accessed the material at all

Votes: 81 11.3%

jcayer

Explorer
I downloaded them from WoTC on the second day, but will confess to sharing them with my players.
We're trying it tonight! Can't wait.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
That is a crazy low %. Very telling in a few ways, most notably about the readership of EN World.

I imagine it would be higher had the question been "Has anyone accessed via your printout at the game table?"

Those who just see the printout probably aren't here online.

Ahnehnois

First Post
The website was kind of slow in getting it out, but I was in no hurry, and no one else I know is even all that interested in it, so I downloaded it the "right" way.

Given other circumstances, I wouldn't have had any compunctions about doing things differently. You can't steal something that's free.

Keldryn

Adventurer
As with several others, I signed up for the playtest the day it was announced, got my emails, and then couldn't access the WotC site throughout the day of release. I found the packet on a torrent so that I could actually have a look at it, then re-downloaded it from WotC's site within a couple of days.

I think that people are too hard on them for the release day problems, "they should have known" and "it's so easy to prevent it" statements belie the fact that this type of thing happens virtually every time something highly anticipated is released online. Just ask World of Warcraft players about their experiences on patch days.

cyderak

Banned
Banned
The D&D Next play test?

Not at all.

I saw one of the first character sheets for D&D next and it looks alot like 4th with maybe some subtle 2nd and 3rd tweaks.

D&D Next?........Good luck WOTC.

Someone

Adventurer
Took me forever, but I managed to get them from the WotC website. I would have downloaded them from another source had I found one - my piracy-fu is weak.

Remove ads