How did you find ENWorld?

darjr

I crit!
You do not find ENWorld, ENWorld finds you!

Actually this is how it feels like it went for me, even if I'm fuzzy on the details.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
A friend was already here when Mortality.net was having issues with servers.

I took the jump after seeing a bunch of rats make a raft of themselves. been here since.

Janx

Hero
:) Nice visual image!

Originally, Morrus started up EN World to provide a place for campaign material (if I recall correctly), and for users of Eric's site to have a place to play. When Eric decided to shut down his Rumors and News site, he agreed to coordinate with Morrus toward a continuity of experience, whereby users of Eric's site could have the same account name (and stats?) on Morrus' site.

As for me, I joined when 4E was nearly beginning, because EN World had effectively become a Rumors and News site again, but this time for the fourth edition. I wanted a forum site I could use without having to rely on USENET; Google showed me EN World, and I liked it enough to stay.

Interesting, I didn't know Morrus had a site going on in parallel to 3rd Edition news. It was always kind of a mystery how Morrus and Noah connected and made the deal.

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
Tick search :)

Here from the start, was following 3E announcements and discussions back in the day and WotC forums sucked, have been a member from that time on.

RedSiegfried

First Post
I don't remember exactly the first time I saw it - it was linked from many other sites and I visited it rarely on and off over the years but when the WoTC boards shut down I got on board the lifeboat and wound up here.

Remove ads