• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

How did you find ENWorld?

darjr

I crit!
You do not find ENWorld, ENWorld finds you!

Actually this is how it feels like it went for me, even if I'm fuzzy on the details.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
A friend was already here when Mortality.net was having issues with servers.

I took the jump after seeing a bunch of rats make a raft of themselves. been here since.

Janx

Hero
:) Nice visual image!

Originally, Morrus started up EN World to provide a place for campaign material (if I recall correctly), and for users of Eric's site to have a place to play. When Eric decided to shut down his Rumors and News site, he agreed to coordinate with Morrus toward a continuity of experience, whereby users of Eric's site could have the same account name (and stats?) on Morrus' site.

As for me, I joined when 4E was nearly beginning, because EN World had effectively become a Rumors and News site again, but this time for the fourth edition. I wanted a forum site I could use without having to rely on USENET; Google showed me EN World, and I liked it enough to stay.

Interesting, I didn't know Morrus had a site going on in parallel to 3rd Edition news. It was always kind of a mystery how Morrus and Noah connected and made the deal.

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
Tick search :)

Here from the start, was following 3E announcements and discussions back in the day and WotC forums sucked, have been a member from that time on.

RedSiegfried

First Post
I don't remember exactly the first time I saw it - it was linked from many other sites and I visited it rarely on and off over the years but when the WoTC boards shut down I got on board the lifeboat and wound up here.

Remove ads