Where Would You Locate Atlantis?

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
The north pole. Depending upon how fantasy'd up your setting is, it could be encased in ice, or submerged beneath it, or even intact on the surface surrounded but a small area of magically-unfrozen open water.
I like the idea of going south to Antarctica and not north. As they cross the ice sheets they crest a mountain of ice and down in the middle of an ice valley, a large circle of ice has been magically melted an kept that way by the Atlanteans. Down in the depths through the clear water the party can make out towers and other buildings.

Zardnaar

Legend
I like the idea of going south to Antarctica and not north. As they cross the ice sheets they crest a mountain of ice and down in the middle of an ice valley, a large circle of ice has been magically melted an kept that way by the Atlanteans. Down in the depths through the clear water the party can make out towers and other buildings.

Did you watch Statgate Atlantis by any chance?

Dausuul

Legend
Scattered across multiple planes, always in watery areas. There are fragments on the Elemental Plane of Water; the first layer of Mount Celestia (I think that's the layer with the holy ocean, not positive); Dagon's realm in the Abyss; under the Styx in Hades; etc.

The highest mountain in Atlantis had a temple at its summit, and that is the only part which remains on the Material Plane (albeit at the bottom of the ocean). It has sealed portals connecting to the other fragments.

When Atlantis sank, it was meant to be plunged entirely into Dagon's realm, forming a vast permanent portal through which the demon prince's spawn could overrun the mortal world. The kingdom was shattered in a last-ditch countermeasure by the Atlantean priests and wizards, scattering its fragments across the multiverse and turning one giant portal into lots of little ones that could be sealed.

Now a group of priests are seeking to reunite broken Atlantis, and might recruit the PCs to help. What the priests don't mention is that if they succeed, Atlantis will reunite in the Abyss, and Dagon's scheme will come to fruition at last. (The priests themselves are mostly unaware of this; they have been duped by a cell of Dagon cultists high up in their order's ranks.)

Remove ads