• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

How Do You Prefer To Buy Your RPG Products?

How Do You Prefer To Buy Your RPG Products?

• Brick-And-Mortar

Votes: 44 37.6%

Votes: 63 53.8%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 10 8.5%

I make myself all that I can make myself (servicable dungeon tile maps for instance are easy to make).

What I can't make myself (such as rulebooks), I buy online as there is no store selling anything of the sort anywhere close.

daichiasuka

First Post
Most B&M near me are really comic book stores that have a few random books for different systems. I end up buying almost everything online.

Although I do prefer the physically book, I tend to buy PDF versions mostly due to the cost and then I print whatever I need. This is becoming less and less however due to some pretty nice digital tools and my iPad to quickly reference digital documents.

Dirk Stanley

First Post
I like Book & Mortar, probably more from nostalgia than anything else. Just going into a store makes me want to buy something - even if it is some old ragged adventure module. However, online is easier and usually cheaper. But, at the same, I don't buy a lot of new stuff either...

Mrdrasco

First Post
I prefer the store for local support, I also play minuture war games and would hate to see the old gathering hole vanish.

Arlough

Explorer
I picked other because I prefer my books in electronic format, which my FLGS isn't equipped to supply.
But many books are not available in digital, and in those cases I will give my FLGS the business [or would until they upped their prices, kicked out non-Magic: the Gathering players, and added an "aquisition fee" on all books that weren't 3.5 edition D&D.] or at the very least the locally owned bookstores.

Nytmare

David Jose
I try to buy all of my gaming stuff from brick and mortars. Primarily, I want to help keep the stores there. The owners are all friends of mine and I try to make sure that I spread my money around between them as much as possible. In addition to that, since I work in the entertainment industry, it's all a tax write off. (hooray!)

If I come across particular deals, or stuff with limited availability online, I might grab it however.

Super Pony

Studded Muffin
I chose "other" because I do both regularly. I thuroughly enjoy digital media, and for that I'll buy books online. I also enjoy ordering physical goods through the devil that is Amazon for friends in disparate locales. But I also feel a sense of duty and community to my local game store because they are fantastic, courteous, helpful, well stocked, and sufficiently beardy.

Gaming is also my primary hobby, so I don't find myself balancing my discretionary funds between rpg books/supplies and like...macrame.

Remove ads