• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

How Do You Prefer To Buy Your RPG Products?

How Do You Prefer To Buy Your RPG Products?

• Brick-And-Mortar

Votes: 44 37.6%

Votes: 63 53.8%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 10 8.5%

delericho

Legend
These days, it's all online. Better prices, a much better chance of actually getting what I want in good time.. there's just no contest.

It didn't used to be that way. I used to make a point of going to my FLGS for almost everything (except Dragon and later Pathfinder AP subscriptions), despite it meaning paying much higher prices, and often waiting a bit longer for things.

Unfortunately, when SWSE was cancelled, there was no longer any active game I was following, and I wasn't in the market for a new game. So I stopped going to the FLGS as there was no point. And in the years since, the store has faded to a point that even if there was such a game, the store probably wouldn't stock it. Which is a shame, but not terribly surprising.

But my loyalty to the FLGS was a loyalty to that FLGS, based on a long-term relationship - that's where I bought my Red Box back in the late 80's. I don't see any real point in switching to another FLGS - since it's people I don't know and don't have any loyalty to either way, I might as well take advantage of the cheaper prices and much better stock available online.

ggeilman

First Post
I can always buy more bookshelves. Pdf's are too hard to run a game on for any length of time IMHO. Besides, you can always use the big heavy new books to hit the rules lawyers over the head:lol:

VictorC

Explorer
Prefer, I prefer brick and mortar. However, the owner of the only LGS in my area is a total dong. Hence, I do most of my purchasing online.

Dice4Hire

First Post
Well, I would like to buy everything from B&M, but it is not realistic for me. The only B&M here in Nagoya carries a good line of Japanese D&D and not much else that I want to buy. I have gotten some D&D board games and Dungeon Command there, but little else except dice. (They feed that addiction fairly well)

Amazon is really it for me.

Now, when I visit the states, I buy everything I can from B&M stores.

Online. The difference in price between buying online vs buying in a store where I am can be almost double the price. On top of that the range that I can get at a store is generally very, very narrow. Finally, I buy PDF's a lot more often these days, both to save money and space.

Olaf the Stout

BRW Games

Explorer
I always support my FLGS even if the price is a little higher. It serves a purpose greater than merely being a supplier of product; by giving us free gaming space, it allows me to grow my own game. I'm happy to pay a premium on games and supplies to support that purpose.

Remove ads