• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

How do you pronounce "Eladrin"?

How do you pronounce "Eladrin"?

• EL-a-drin

Votes: 47 25.7%
  • el-AD-rin

Votes: 79 43.2%
  • el-a-DRIN

Votes: 21 11.5%
  • Something else

Votes: 29 15.8%
  • Pointy-eared freaks!

Votes: 7 3.8%

HeinorNY

First Post
ë - LAH - dreen.
"e" as in egg
"la" as in father
"drin" as in green
That's at least how i like it, using quenya rules :p

Last edited:

Goken100

First Post
ainatan said:
ë - LAH - dreen.
"e" as in egg
"la" as in father
"drin" as in green
That's at least how i like it, using quenya rules :p
While I'd always pronounced it like a normal person before, I have to say that I like this one better. I probably won't remember to use it, but GO QUENYA just the same. :)

Hussar

Legend
Well, if the "in" at the end of the word is pronounced as a long E, then the emphasis would have to go there as well, since you always place the accent on the long vowel. So, it would be e la DREEN.

However, since this is modern English, we don't pronounce "in" with a long e. This is English not Romaji.

So,by English standards, it would be e LAH drin, since three syllable words without a long vowel are almost always pronounced this way, with the accent on the middle syllable. ((note that syllable is an exception to this rule. I love English))

Also note, that Wulf's breakup of the syllables would be extremely hard to pronounce. eh LAD rin would mean that the d and the r would not be pronounced together.

Then again, until very recently, I pronounced Drizz't to sound like drizzle with a t on the end.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads