• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

How do you use dinosaurs in your campaign?

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
No dinosaurs but the Frozen North campaign I am putting together has an Ice Age vibe and animals to match.

P.S. Not THAT Ice Age - no Sid the Sloth in this campaign.

Dinosaurs of the Arctic Ice

3AB07A7B-389C-4C5D-9F1D-ABB81D642AAA.jpeg

C-Moon

Suzerain Infomancer
I've always liked the idea of having dinosaurs be kept to a region of the map, brought back by necromancy magic initially then bred/maintained back into the wild but also use (flintstones style) them as work animals/beasts of burden etc.

Wolfram stout

Adventurer
Supporter
You may want to check out a Fantasy Novel, The Dinosaur Lords by Victor Milan. It is billed as a cross between Jurassic Park and Game of Thrones. I have not read it so can't say if it is good or bad, but it was at Barnes & Noble not just a self-published book. Not that guarantees quality of course.

JohnSnow

Hero
In Michael A. Stackpole's "DragonCrown War" series, he had a type of large feathered velociraptor called "Frostclaw" as a regular (albeit dangerous) animal in the world.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I am thinking of using undead dinosaurs (Lichosaurs) as a Buffalo replacement in a weird west setting.
How?
That would screw up the ecosystem. What use is an undead dino to a Plains Indian style culture? Definitely not a good food source.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads