• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

How do you work sex into your campaign?

hunter1828

Butte Hole Surfer
Depends on which campaign I'm running.

The large one has always had "fade-to-black" sexual encounters and will continue to do so, even as I introduce spells, feats, core classes & PrCs from the upcoming Book of Erotic Fantasy into the game.

The small game I run just for my wife is very different, and will continue to be so. She and I will fully integrate the BoEF into that game.

hunter1828

Arnwyn

First Post
BVB said:
Prompted by the release of a new carnal knowledge supplement, I have to wonder how roleplaying sex is normally worked into a campaign ... especially if it hasn't been brought up before.
We don't.

Utrecht

First Post
Umbran said:

Have you ever actually seen a cod piece? They aren't sexy. They're goofy.

I think that they are goofy from our stand-point - but I seem to remember some rather *ahem* endowed cod-pieces that Henry the IIX had - they are displayed in the Tower of London.

I think that in some ways they are reminicient of the African Fertility statues (Which also look goofy to me) - but in this case also equating prowess on the battlefield to prowess in other ares.

You're all missing the opportunity to quote Phil Foglio.

"You have a wonderful time and learn many new things. You earn five experience points, and fall asleep."

THAT, my friends, is the true Sex in D&D experience.

Jürgen Hubert

First Post
The players announce that their characters want to go into a whorehouse, and I ask them how much money they want to spend.

No need to go into further detail. Unless, of course, the plot demands it...

Wolfen Priest

First Post
I have to admit I deviate from the norm in this regard, at least if the posts in this thread are anything to go on.

The last time I DM'ed, an elven bard character tried to seduce a young human lass who worked at the little bed & breakfast at which they were staying, but his (lower Cha) elven wizard companion decide to simply cast charm person on her instead.

So rather than fading to black, we did go into some detail, making Fortitude saves and such... the player doesn't actually know it yet, but next time they run into that thorp, he may well run into his half-elven progeny (and yes, I did roll for it: it's a boy). :D

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads