D&D (2024) How excited are you for the new 2024 edition d&d?

What is your excitement level? (1-5 with 5 being the highest)

Votes: 70 35.0%

Votes: 34 17.0%

Votes: 27 13.5%

Votes: 46 23.0%
  • 5 Most excited

Votes: 23 11.5%

• Poll closed .

Micah Sweet

Level Up & OSR Enthusiast
Don't underestimate that many people don't share your personal preferences. I think it's great there are 3PP out there, they just don't add enough for me to use them. 🤷‍♂️
When have I suggested that my opinions aren't subjective and person, @Oofta ? I'm not the poster who appeals to the popularity of their views.

Oofta

Legend
When have I suggested that my opinions aren't subjective and person, @Oofta ? I'm not the poster who appeals to the popularity of their views.
Who's appealing to popularity? I'm just saying that many people don't share an opinion. How many? Well, I've never been seen a game in real life that uses extensive 3PP changes to the game. Monsters, locations, lore, etc., sure. But significantly changing rules? Never once over decades. It has nothing to do with anything being "official". But if the game works there's no reason to change.

That is not how messaging works.
Sometimes it is.

There are 10 or so people here who just won´t stop telling over and over again how unclear WotC´s communication is. While it just does not matter if it is 5.1, 5.2, 5.5, 6.0 or 7.5 or whatever. The 2024 Edition of the books will just be the current iteration of D&D.

It is just people who won´t buy the books who like to take some cheap shots at WotC. That does not mean WotC is perfect and doing everything right. But their communication is clear for 10 years in that regard.

Reynard

Legend
If you say so. I don't worship at the altar of "official" but I also don't see a need for change. In your opinion, people stick with core D&D because it's official.
Some do. Lots even. If that's not you, we'll great. But maybe not assume I was was talking about you, Oofta, specifically.

Remove ads