D&D (2024) How excited are you for the new 2024 edition d&d?

What is your excitement level? (1-5 with 5 being the highest)

Votes: 70 35.0%

Votes: 34 17.0%

Votes: 27 13.5%

Votes: 46 23.0%
  • 5 Most excited

Votes: 23 11.5%

• Poll closed .

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
An easy 5. This is our hobby. I'm getting it the first day it's available, and I will dive in with glee. I hope I like it, and I hope it makes the game better for when I play. It will be new, and beautiful, even if it is also flawed and not what it might have been.

Besides, who wouldn't be excited by a new edition? (/ducks)

2 - it looks to be better than the current game, but a lot of the changes are fiddly first-draft type of stuff, just as you'd expect from band-aid quick-fixes for a product that is rushing towards its deadline.

Now, I'm not going to buy any books or Beyond subscriptions, knowing that my money would just go towards hiring Pinkertons.

dave2008

Legend
Might as well be, or all those playtests are pretty much a sham.
No sham, but the playtests make it clear to me that is basically the same system. We 2014 PCs and playtest PCs in the same group on the same adventures. We had no issues. Just more options (and more art) it seems to me.

EzekielRaiden

Follower of the Way
Much of what 5.5e changes (as of the most recent playtest doc) is stuff I don't really feel fixes any of the issues, it just shuffles them around.

A few of the changes are really quite good, but rarely go far enough (e.g. the Playtest 7 Warlock gets...1/day half their spell slots back. Woop-de-friggin-do. But it also makes pacts into invocations, which is great.)

Most of the changes I actively disliked have been rescinded, which means I'm not really against 5.5e, I just have few reasons to be for it.

Overall, I think it will be better; I just struggle to summon enthusiasm for 5.5e because of how dim my view of 5.0 is. To put it into perspective: If treatment A cures 5% of people who take it and does nothing for the other 95%, and treatment B cures 50% of the people who take it and does nothing for the other 50%, then treatment B is clearly superior to treatment A, but it's still not an adequate response and we should work to do better.

Remove ads