• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

How Far Behind is Your Story Hour?

How Far Behind is Your Story Hour?

• It's finished and the game is over.

Votes: 3 5.9%
  • It's current with the game and we're still playing.

Votes: 11 21.6%
  • It's a game behind.

• It's a few games behind.

Votes: 4 7.8%
  • It's a few months behind.

Votes: 11 21.6%
  • I'm a year or more behind.

Votes: 13 25.5%
  • I'm two or more years behind.

Votes: 5 9.8%
  • I'm writing a SH that chronicles games from long ago that stopped before the SH started.

Votes: 2 3.9%
  • I'm writing a story hour that doesn't reflect a game at all, it's fiction.

• Other.

Votes: 4 7.8%

Shemeska

Adventurer
Storyhour 1 is about two years after the fact but getting updated every week.

Storyhour 2 is about 6 sessions behind, and getting updated every two weeks or so.

Capellan

Explorer
Three of my Shs are over, as are the games they are based on (or at least, the games are on indefinite hiatus -- never say never again, eh? :) )

Q-Ship is both 'a few sessions behind' and 'over a year behind'. We've played 8 sessions and I am currently working on session 4 ... but session that happened in around October 2003. Real life has made sessions of the game few and far between (which is just as well, or I would be 14 sessions behind instead of 4).

1st story hour - finished about ten months ago, two months after the game finished.

2nd story hour - fiction

3rd story hour - I'm four sessions behind... about ten weeks or so.

Angcuru

First Post
Since Avarimorion Maranwentyene is a work of straight up fiction, it's impossible for me to fall behind on it persay, but I've hit a roadblock, so one could say that it has been delayed.

A New Power however, being a derivative of my PbP, is updated about as often as I feel I have enough content to merit a post. The game took off like a rocket and I could initially do a post every 4 days that took up 10 pages in MSWord, but it's slowed down a bit. Spring-Summer transition, it's to be expected, really. I'm going to start posting updates as prequel-style fiction involving the PbP characters, but it's taking a while to get that started just right.

I have SO many ideas for this story, but being PbP and all, I'll just have to wait until we get to a point where I can implement them. *twitch* Yep. Waiting. Gotta love it. Makes the heart grow fonder and all that. *twitch* :confused:

Last edited:

Lazybones

Adventurer
Mine's also my own creation (though based on the Adventure Path in Dungeon). I'm actually got about thirty posts "in the stable" at the moment, so I can manage a post-a-day pace. It's getting a bit harder keeping everything straight as the characters hit the high teens level-wise; some of the battles can take a few hours just to plot out. Fortunately I am compelled to attend numerous staff meetings where scribbling in a notepad looks like close attention.

sniffles

First Post
Nifft said:
I'd like a option for "haven't actually started the typing part yet".

-- N

LOL!!
You know, we had a NPC named Nifft in a FR campaign that concluded recently, and the same character just made a brief appearance in our newest campaign, so I guess you've been too busy visiting in Thesk to do any writing. :lol:

I'm less behind now that I was earlier today - I just posted 4 months worth of journal entries!! :D

I voted for 3 months behind - although it's most probably a little more than this. I'm about one hundred and thirty hours in arrears but will be catching up once I complete the particular background arc I am currently finishing off [about 2 or 3 updates worth].

I think I prefer being an adventure "section" behind as I find it easier to subscribe motives to other characters - since I am not the DM but only a PC, this helps make the Story Hour a little more entertaining.

Best Regards
Herremann the Wise

PS: For those of you following my SH, a massive update (5000+) words is imminent. For those of you not following it, may I suggest most kindly that you pop in for a read and see what happens when a Gating goes really really wrong.

Remove ads