• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

How fast do you type your posts?

How fast do you type (words per minute) when posting to ENW?

• less than 10 wpm

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • 10 - 20

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 21 - 30

• 31 - 40

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • 41 - 50

• 51 - 60

• 61 - 70

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • 71 - 80

• 81 - 90

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • 91 - 100

• more than 101 wpm

J.Quondam

CR 1/8
... in words per minute (WPM).

For this poll, "type" means whatever your usual input mechanism (keyboard, smartphone, voice-to-text, etc); and the context is whatever mode you use specifically for ENW posts (as opposed to at work, etc, in case that's different).

edit: If you don't know but are curious to get a quick estimate, there are short typing tests online. A randomly googled one is:

Last edited:

delericho

Legend
I have no idea (in wpm). Reasonably fast, I think, for someone who isn't a professional typist. But that might be a case of "most people consider themselves above average". :)

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
giphy.gif

Let's just say I'm keenly aware that there's a limit to how many posts one can make per minute here.

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
Long ago, I was looking for graphic design work through a Temp Agency, and the agency I went normally specialized in administrative assistants, so they had a required typing test I had to take in the application process, and I discovered, I typed accurately about 70 wpm, though I can type as fast as 100 wpm, but I make mistakes when I do that. Back when I was in high school, driver's education you took in the semester you turned 16 years old, which was a 9 week course. You had to fill the other 9 weeks of the semester with another class. The only 9 week course available was typing (using an old fashioned typewriter). So I actually know how to type, and all the desktop publishing and writing I do. I may even type faster with more accuracy, but I don't ever test myself (nor care for that matter), but imagine I'm closer to 90 wpm with accuracy these days - that's just a guess.

I avoid sending texts on my phone for my communications, except where I have to. But I don't use a phone to on ENWorld, FB nor anywhere.

Remove ads