How good is Eldritch Disciple?

Sharkon

First Post
I think the conversation has been a little of the topic. Anyway i would suggest you the prestige class that is down from ED in the same book (i cannot recall the name) that gives you a sorcerer/warlock progression.It has a skill a number of times / day that you can put a spell on your eldritch blast :)

Theroc

First Post
I think the conversation has been a little of the topic. Anyway i would suggest you the prestige class that is down from ED in the same book (i cannot recall the name) that gives you a sorcerer/warlock progression.It has a skill a number of times / day that you can put a spell on your eldritch blast :)

Group needed Arcane Blast-y and Heal-y buff-y. So... Warlock/Cleric and ED is good.

Eldritch Theurge also seemed interesting, and I'll likely be trying it in the future with a Sorcerer combo, obviously.

So... when taking a level of ED, I may as well take a level of something besides Cleric or Warlock, most probably.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
For slightly different flavor in your build, you might consider subbing the OA Shaman (both updated to 3.5 in Dragon #318) for the Cleric.

Theroc

First Post
Well, Danny, unfortunately neither Dragon Magazine nor Oriental Adventures are sources I have any real degree of access to.

Anyways, a new question about Eldritch Disciple:
Does its "+1 level of existing Invocation using class" increase it's Eldritch Blast progression, as well as Invocations known?

Thanee

First Post
Yep, I believe that is right. Isn't there a paragraph dedicated to Warlocks and PrC in Complete Arcane?

Bye
Thanee

Theroc

First Post
Yep, I believe that is right. Isn't there a paragraph dedicated to Warlocks and PrC in Complete Arcane?

Bye
Thanee

Yeah, it's there... I just get confused since it seems to talk about a mess of other things and I wanted to make sure I understood.

Herobizkit

Adventurer
If you want REAL synergy, go Warlock//Cloistered Cleric variant. All the juicy goodness of a Bard with better spells, plus a free Knowledge domain. Add 1 level of Contemplative (from Complete Divine) and add a FOURTH domain. SPELLS!

Also, I played a Goblin Warlock//Druid to terrifying effect (though to be fair, Druids are terrifying all on their own).

DumbPaladin

First Post
To answer the basic question in the first post: Yes, I think it's a rather excellent prestige class: the healing eldritch blast ability shouldn't be overlooked in terms of usefulness to the party, and if you choose the right cleric spells each day, you have a nice range of buffs and debuffs to rely on to assist.

Cloistered cleric / warlock is a pretty good combination, but only if you're willing to give up the hit die (d6 vs. d8) and gain an even worse BAB. Also, the other reason to stay a true cleric would be if you plan to ever utilize heavy armors, although this will disrupt your incantations via ASF. Also, keep in mind your Lore modifier will be rather low, as the levels you increase in ED won't advance it. Still, roll a 20 on the check and you may gain some useful info for free ...

But if you plan to walk around in light armor or less anyway, or use only simple weapons ... then you may not care about what you're giving up as a cleric in order to gain Lore and the Knowledge domain for free.

Vardock

First Post
If your DM allows the class he should also rule that your casting progression cannot exceed your HD adding together the increase from eldrich thurge and your gestalt level.

You could also go into enlightened spirit for your second class progression.

One other option of you have not gotten far with your character is to be a Warlock/Dragonfire Adept/Sorcerer/Cleric/Eldrich diciple/eldrich thurge

Zhar

First Post
Hi,
my 2cp if you need them.
Ed is a very good prc, I've developed a Clr3/Wl2/Ed6 at this time and it's very versatile if not powerful. See invis., darkness, TP at will with 3 allies, athletic tumble or balance checks, spider climbs and so on... convert your turns into 12d6+4 healing touch (glaive) (in case of big foe's SR) or pure chained damage (or heal).
You get 2 big saves. And CHA is the worst of my ability but I prefer release. on agility and wisdom (only 16). All my warlock powers are situational for movement, or perception. You still get all the divine powers for the team and speciel events. Buff and debuff. Strike while no SR.
Important Feats: Practised spellcaster(cleric), PBS (optional in fact), Extra turns.

Zhar

Remove ads