WotC How Hasbro’s Chris Cocks is steering the toy company into games | The DeanBeat

This an example of Gameloft game to give a possible idea of what Gameloft game.

Looked into their rep, a lot of nice mid tier F2P mobile games that ripped off popular games like Call of Duty, Zelda, etc..., but got greedy later on for microtransactions, so very much not excited for this game.

Like damn it WotC has some standards.

Parmandur

Book-Friend

This an example of Gameloft game to give a possible idea of what Gameloft game.

Looked into their rep, a lot of nice mid tier F2P mobile games that ripped off popular games like Call of Duty, Zelda, etc..., but got greedy later on for microtransactions, so very much not excited for this game.

Like damn it WotC has some standards.
Their standards are $$$. I haven't played Disney Animal Crossing, united looks good for what it is, and microtransactions are what they are.

@Henadic Theologian here is an example of a comparable game, Return to Moria, a Survival game about being a Dwarf settlingnin Khazûd Dum in the Fourth Age of Middle Earth:

Yeah I can see it being like that, but with some class and race options, and some other 5e rules not just Dwarves.

Gameloft has a rep for a lack of gameplay originality, so maybe adding some 5e mechanics to the current genre conventions for this type of game could improve it.

Still not excited for it

If they had to leave TB RPG genre, why not a turn based 4x game like Age of Wonders series.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Yeah I can see it being like that, but with some class and race options, and some other 5e rules not just Dwarves.

Gameloft has a rep for a lack of gameplay originality, so maybe adding some 5e mechanics to the current genre conventions for this type of game could improve it.

Still not excited for it

If they had to leave TB RPG genre, why not a turn based 4x game like Age of Wonders series.
Because Survivao games are big money (two of the biggest games of all time, Minecraft and Terraria), and the Forgotten Realms provides a lot of DLC opportunities in that popular format. I'm not expecting origi slitting, but...it could be fun, and worth a few DLC grabs.

SteveC

Doing the best imitation of myself
With the success of Monopoly Go, I think the notion that a game has to appeal to serious gamers or be what I'd call "good" is overrated. A nice casual game where you can spend a lot of money to play it? I'm sure there will be people who will eat that up.

MGibster

Legend
With the success of Monopoly Go, I think the notion that a game has to appeal to serious gamers or be what I'd call "good" is overrated. A nice casual game where you can spend a lot of money to play it? I'm sure there will be people who will eat that up.
Casual app games on our phones would support your case. A lot of gamers might not think of those as real games, but people play them and they generate tons of revenue.

Remove ads