• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

How is Baba Yaga pronounced?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Yeah, yeah...I know, I'm quoting myself.:confused:

My wife is a Hospice Nurse who was treating a Russian speaking patient for the last few days. She asked the patients parents how to pronounce this (as a tension reliever...normal everyday conversation can significantly help relaxe families dealing with a hospice situation). The patient's parents are primarily Russian speaking (rough English), and they pronounced Baba Yaga the same as Ksenia Solo in the below clip.

Confirmation Complete.:cool:

And if you ask a Frenchman, Paris is pronounced "Pah-ree". Edinburgh is "Edinbruh" not "Edin-BURROW" and so on. We're not expected to mimic every accent on the planet, are we?

When it comes to made-up words, it's however the creator decided. When it comes to older or mythological words, I guess it's still regional. Some parts of the US refer to Mexico as "Mehico" but not Germany as "Deutschland". Regional pronunciations are definitely valid.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads