D&D (2024) How is Flex still a thing?

Horwath

Legend
I know it's a playtest and all that, but how they have kept the most hated Mastery in this document as well.

You could say that it has some logic that worse weapon property(Versatile), if we can even call it a property, is paired with worst Mastery.
But this is just an insult to injury.

How can anyone look at Flail/Morningstar, or even Trident, and say, nah, I'm fine with Longsword/Warpick/warhammer?

Or better yet, I'll be Dex based and take Rapier+Vex

Do all at WotC hate STR based characters? Especially sword+board? They removed -5/+10 from GWM, and rightfully so. Now buff up all STR based melee weapons. One damage die bump across the board would do the trick.

Sulicius

Adventurer
This.

It got enough overall votes to stay in. But they didn't have the time to go though the individual feedback.

Also, while it is the weakest option. It's not exactly unplayable. You're not going to get your party killed or anything.
A lot of people get offended by suboptimal choices for some reason. Especially if it is, gasp, simple.

You’re right that it’s totally fine. There had to be a weakest one, just like there is a strongest one.

Remove ads