• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

How long after June 6?

eleran

First Post
Once the books hit shelves on 6/6, how long before you will be able to run your first session of 4e? I am thinking I will need a couple of weeks to read and digest all 3 books. Stupid job and other responsibilities anyway.

Ebon Shar

Explorer
eleran said:
Once the books hit shelves on 6/6, how long before you will be able to run your first session of 4e? I am thinking I will need a couple of weeks to read and digest all 3 books. Stupid job and other responsibilities anyway.

I hope to be running the game the first weekend after the release of Keep on the Shadowfell.

My FLGS is planning a midnight release on 6/6, so I'll probably get the books, sleep for a few hours, get up and run a game that morning at the afore mentioned FLGS.

Short answer: Waiting? What the crap is that? :p

-TRRW

Unlogic

First Post
I personally am getting Keep on the Shadowfell for specifically that reason. I've never done a pre-packaged adventure before, and greatly prefer not to... but it allows me to start 4e 2 weeks earlier, and by the time we get the rulebooks, I'm hoping my group will have picked up the basics from the quick start well enough to continue into a full campaign straight out of the adventure, without losing weeks shifting gears.

theskyfullofdust

First Post
I'll probably run a game as soon as I've read the books and crafted an adventre. Already started working on my new campaign world, working on the local town and its surroundings, so I have plenty of background fluff, locations and the like ready to go with.

joela

First Post
Depends

eleran said:

Weeks to months, depending on which group wants to give it a shot.

Kwalish Kid

Explorer
eleran said:
I WILL BE ON A PLANE THAT DAY!

I have to remember to take the earliest flight so I can drop by my FLGS and pick up the books on the way home. Maybe if the flight is early enough I can even run a game.

Heh.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads