How Long Can a Post Be?

the Jester

Legend
How long can a single post be?

This came up because I'm working on an index of all the homebrewed monsters- but I'd hate to spend an hour editing it and have it drop the post cause it's too big!

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
I think the Preview Post function should show you whether it will work before you post it.

Also, you can save it to your hard disc so nothing gets lost. Maybe do that before hitting 'Preview', just to be on the safe side.

In any case, I doubt your list would be too long.

Last edited:

Darkness

Hand of Evil said:
That is a good question but alternative; you may want to make it into an attachment.
He shouldn't run into problems and even if he does, he can split it up into two posts...

BSF

Explorer
I have never run into a problem with post length on EN World. I often break up lists and long posts for readability though. As Piratecat suggests, copy/paste as well as something like notepad (or any other text editor of your choice) is your friend.

BSF

Explorer
Darkness said:
What am I, chopped liver? :p

No, you are the Hand (paw) and Eye of Piratecat! As such, you are just a lesser manifestation of his diabolical evil.

Ermm.

I mean...

Nah, you certainly mentioned saving it to disk first. But Piratecat mentioned saving it as a text file, as opposed to a .rtf, .doc, etc. Since I compose most of my long posts in a text editor and then copy/paste from there as necessary, it just stuck in my brain more. On occasion, I will save a post in Word or Open Office Write, but that is usually when I intend to print out the post later.

Darkness

Aha! Now that you've finally admitted your vile bias, I shall use my .txt bane scimitar to defeat you! ;)

Heh. Seriously, I prefer to leave it to the individual poster what format they want to save their posts in. (Personally, I like Word.)

Remove ads