• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

How long is the wait for DRAGON Query response?

Rahkan

First Post
Before one can send an article out to Dragon magazine one has to send a query email to them pitching article ideas. How long does it usually take for this query letter to be responded to?

Olive

Explorer
somebody asked this recently, and i think the answer was 6-8 weeks. but i'm not sure. maybe posting this in the publishers forum would mean that some one from dragon was more likely to see it?

BiggusGeekus

That's Latin for "cool"
4-6 weeks.

But recently they had a bit of a backlog. Someone else made a similar post a couple of weeks ago, and Jesse Decker ("Joe Dragon" to you and me) came on and basically said that they're working on it and its a bit of an anomoly.

edit: I'd belive Olive's recolection of 6-8 over my 4-6. I'm getting old in my old age.

Last edited:

Steverooo

First Post
Not 6-8

It's been at least that long since my original inquiry (maybe longer), and I waited a month before sending a follow-up. Still no reply.

:Shrug:

Dragongirl

First Post
I think they are still backlogged from the switchover from WOTC to Paizo. So until that is all cleared out I imagine it will take longer than usual on average.

Remove ads