• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

How many 3.5E books do (did) you own?

What was the total number of 3.5E books you purchased?

I guessed 41-50, but I'm probably way underestimating.

And I didn't count any of my pdfs. Of which I probably have another 50 or so.

Storminator

First Post
I counted when 4e came out. I have a touch over 40, with a few years of Dragon and Dungeon in addition.

I also counted those books I've actually used... and it was 19. I don't think I ever included a single rule item from Dragon, and I've played ... let's wildly guess... 10 adventures from Dungeon.

So I've decided to be a lot more frugal on my purchases this edition!

Despite that decision, I'm up to 6 4e books, and 1 adventure.

PS

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan
I've got practically every sourcebook and adventure released by WotC, all the issues of Dungeon and Dragon, D&D and DM for Dummies, as well as the basic sets, all the Dungeon Tiles sets, plenty of minis and some third-party stuff as well.

I count 175 WotC D&D products for 3.0 and 3.5 (including the Dungeon Tiles and the basic sets). Plus 157 issues of Dragon and Dungeon for 3.X, which counts as another 78 "books" (or 81 including the hardcover Shackled City Adventure Path, Dragon Compendium, Volume 1 and Dragon: Monster Ecologies).

So you could easily reach a total of 250+ books just collecting WotC and Paizo's 3.X output!

smdmcl

First Post
Five books:
PHB
PHB II
DMG
MM
Complete Warrior

I was never a huge fan of 3rd edition and I have already exceeded this number in 4th with 5 books, 4 modules and a DDI subscription.

Last edited:

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
I noticed some people counting 3.0 books - I only counted my 3.5 books as per the title of the thread.

The number is significantly larger (but still less than 20 or 25) if I include 3.0 as well.

diaglo

Adventurer
I noticed some people counting 3.0 books - I only counted my 3.5 books as per the title of the thread.

The number is significantly larger (but still less than 20 or 25) if I include 3.0 as well.

my number jumps too if i add the 2000ed. from 100+ to 100+even more

drothgery

First Post
About 40 WotC 3.5 books (so I voted 31-40). Five or Ten third-party.

Probably 20-ish 3.0 books. Maybe another ten or fifteen 3.x-era d20 game books (including 4 Star Wars Revised). All Star Wars Saga books.

MoogleEmpMog

First Post
I voted 50-100, but may actually be in the top bracket counting two years of Dragons as 12 books. I didn't count .pdfs or products I only have comp copies of, but looking back, I DID count material for d20 Modern and OGL games not explicitly designed to be D&D compatible, so it probably balances out. A majority of my d20 bookshelf is 3rd party, mostly Green Ronin, Mongoose, and RPG Objects. (I didn't count Mutants and Masterminds books, though, since that's essentially an incompatible system.)

I probably used *something* from a large majority of those books, but often no more than a single feat or monster. I plan to sell off all but my absolute favorites, almost all of which are 3rd party.

For 4e, I probably won't buy as many books, but I'll certainly stay subscribed to DDI and the Compendium - which gets me everything I got out of WotC's 3.5 books, but cheaper and in a much, much more useful form. I've actually used something from Dragon already in 4e; I don't think I did that in 3e when I was writing for Dragon.:p

smdmcl

First Post

I only had one 3.0 book which I initially counted. I have edited my post to five 3.5 edition books but it doesn't change my poll selection (4-6).

Remove ads