DMs Guild How Many DMs Guild Products Have You Bought?

Number of Guild Products Purchased

• 16+

Votes: 5 6.0%
  • 11-15

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • 6-10

Votes: 11 13.3%
  • 1-5

Votes: 25 30.1%
  • 0 - Nothing has caught my eye yet

Votes: 31 37.3%
  • 0 - I only buy Official/ WotC products

Votes: 5 6.0%
  • 0 - I don't buy digital books

Votes: 4 4.8%

There was so much demand for an OGL. There was even more demand for more content & crunch for 5e. And so many people wanted smaller adventures or the Adventurer's League adventures to be made public.
Because of the above, I'm curious how many people have purchased* products from the Dungeon Masters Guild.

*For this venture, let's count both free and paid products. So if you chose to pay $0, it still counts as a purchase.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I'm waiting a while. Once it's settled down and it's clear what that good stuff is and some decent brands have emerged.

I've bought 1 items so far, 15 New Backgrounds - World Builder Blog Presents. It is PWYW, so I got it for free. Once I've had the chance to give it a read I'll go back and pay what I think it's worth.

AaronOfBarbaria

Adventurer
So far I haven't had anything catch my eye, so I voted as such even though I have actually grabbed one pay what you want product just to check on the outside chance that it not do as I expected that it would do (which it turned out to do exactly what I expected, and thus was of no use to me).

Bawylie

A very OK person
Uh 4.

I eventually intend to spend monthly (against a budget of $20/mo) but I'm not there yet.

Getting some IRL stuff done first and then I'll dig more heavily in.

Miladoon

First Post
Uh 4.

I eventually intend to spend monthly (against a budget of $20/mo) but I'm not there yet.

Getting some IRL stuff done first and then I'll dig more heavily in.

My monthly budget is 10USD. RL keeps me from looking at them all.

PS to alles, There are 14 free art kits that you can get from WotC. Not sure why no one wants them. I forgot about them when I looked through my library. So I have 24 products when counting free.

Last edited:

I've bought a dozen myself (excluding the stock art ones). Already there's a couple names that stand out, people who likely had content ready or who have been creating and jumped at the chance to publish.

I've written a couple (plug McPlug) and sunk 50% of the money I made into other products that catch my eyes. Spread around the love, and actually pay for PWYW...

Last edited:

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
One thing I'm curious about. Are there any who have only started buying third party 5E products now? And if so, why?

bedir than

Full Moon Storyteller
One thing I'm curious about. Are there any who have only started buying third party 5E products now? And if so, why?

It's the first purchase of non-EN5ider for me. It was an author with whom I've interacted on social media, and who has freelanced. That signal of quality helped me decide on a first purchase as a baseline. I don't need a lot of crunch on my table. I can do what I need for my world on my own. What I need to open my exposure to other styles of play/adventure and new ways of thinking about the game. EN5ider does a damn fine job at that, so with DMsGuild I can be selective.

Remove ads