• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

How many female gamers in your group?

How many female gamers in your group?

• Alas, only us guys here.

Votes: 136 29.2%
  • 1 female gamer

Votes: 134 28.8%
  • 2 female gamers

Votes: 113 24.2%
  • 3 female gamers

Votes: 56 12.0%
  • 4 female gamers

Votes: 11 2.4%
  • More than 4 female gamers

Votes: 16 3.4%

Mr. Kaze

First Post
We had as many as three, but now we're just down to one (my wife). The other two were more social gamers in a less-social sort of game.

Treebore

First Post
2 groups, different females in each, 2 females in each group. Total of 4 differnet women in the two groups I play/Dm with.

eris404

Explorer
This question tends to come up a lot. As a girl, I'm not sure what to make of that. ;) We have three games going right now. One game has 2 female players (out of five total), another has four (out of eight total) and the last has five (out of seven total). That doesn't count the DMs, all of whom happen to male (though I have run games in the past and may do so in the future).

fredramsey

First Post
You'll find the frequency of that question corresponds to the age of the gamer ;)

For us old timers; it used to be that female gamers were very, very rare. I'm glad to see that has improved at least a bit, probably due to the Vampire phenomenom in the 90's.

eris404 said:
This question tends to come up a lot. As a girl, I'm not sure what to make of that. ;) We have three games going right now. One game has 2 female players (out of five total), another has four (out of eight total) and the last has five (out of seven total). That doesn't count the DMs, all of whom happen to male (though I have run games in the past and may do so in the future).

Doug McCrae

Legend
Golden Heroes: 1 girl, 5 guys
3rd ed D&D: 4 guys.
Silver Age Sentinels: 4 guys

Based on my experiences it seems chicks don't dig the crunch of 3rd ed. Or, admittedly, the somewhat lesser crunch of SAS.

The_Universe

First Post
Laurel said:
Most females in group= 3
Least females in group= 2
So far the guys have always outnumber the girls though :-(
L'Aurel, I am glad to say, is one of mine. :)

While the guys generally outnumber the girls, I tend to have at least one woman in the games I run. There have been times where there's been no women at all, but those are dark times, indeed. I infinitely prefer having both genders represented at the gaming table, if only for the variety of perspective.

In the current group, we have three women and four men, including me (the DM). We've had as many as four, and there are a couple of potential group members waiting in the wings.

Frostflame

First Post
My group consists of about 9 people of which only 3 are hardcore gamers who "never" miss a session. Only one of those is female. My ex-girlfriend used to play with us but not anymore.
The lack of girls is not always that bad because as a DM I find it very hard to keep order when girls are around. That's just my experience so don't flame me girls ;)

jeffh

Adventurer
Two groups, two females in each (no overlap between the two). Not counting the GM (me in both cases), that makes women one third of one group and half of the other.

Actually, a third female will be joining one of those games soon, so then it will be three out of seven in one and two out of four in the other.

Sejs

First Post
5 male players, 1 female player (my wife), and 1 male who used to play but doesn't now that still enjoys hanging out for the atmosphere. Occasionally we're graced with 1-3 guest players, friends who no longer live nearby or the like. We used to have another married couple, but they've since left us.

Remove ads