• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

How many of your English pounds for Giants of Legend?

wighair

Explorer
I went to my FLGS to get GoL miniatures, but was somewhat gobsmacked by the price of £15. This compares to £7.50 for the previous sets.

This seems way over the top to me. I've checked some US prices and they seem to be $13 for previous sets and $20 for the GoL. whatever the rate of exchange, the US prices hasn't doubled. I'd expected to see them for £11/£12.

Is this a UK wide problem or is my local shop over charging? What price are you paying?

Last edited:

JPL

Adventurer
Two quid, three stone, one scone, and thirteen ha'pence.

Cherrio, guv'ner!

[Sorry. I felt Cockney all of a sudden.]

Hawklord

First Post
wighair said:
Is this a UK wide problem or is my local shop over charging? What price are you paying?
Bought two boxes so far - £14.99 each - so looks like that may be the going rate. Way over priced, that's about $27 US I think.

Prpbably wont be buying anything like as many of these babies..

Hawklord said:
Bought two boxes so far - £14.99 each - so looks like that may be the going rate. Way over priced, that's about $27 US I think.

Prpbably wont be buying anything like as many of these babies..
That is way overpriced...argh, why must I be moving to the UK soon? Why must tthey cost so much?!

Hawklord

First Post
Ankh-Morpork Guard said:
That is way overpriced...argh, why must I be moving to the UK soon? Why must tthey cost so much?!
I just checked on Amazon UK. They're under a tenner there. Although they're only currently available to pre-order.

diaglo

Adventurer
Dr. Awkward said:
At my FLGS they're something like $22.50 Canadian, which is pretty good if you Americans are paying $20 US.

well that is retail in US.

no one ever pays retail. ;)

amazon has them for $13.00 right now
with 10% for share the love = $11.70

Zander

Explorer
Ankh-Morpork Guard said:
Bad news: Almost everything is a lot more expensive in the UK than the US, including gaming stuff. :(

By the way, AMG, where in the UK are you moving to?

With regards to GoL, try Leisure Games or Orcs Nest in London or the Travelling Man chain in the north of England. If they all say about £15, then you'll only beat that price online or overseas.

Remove ads