• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

How many players do you play with???

S'mon

Legend
Last session was 4 players + DM (me) but it varies a lot, between 2-5 players is normal. Currently I have 2 core players, 1 semi-core, and frequently have a drop-in player as well. I find that 2-3 players is ideal for minimum GM stress, but 4-6 PCs is ideal for party survivability in 3e, so there's a slight problem there. :)

Ziggy

First Post
I usually play with 5 or 6. We used to play with max 4 players, but D&D has drawn new players into the fold, among them two wives that didn't play before :) But the number of GM's are limited, and playing groups have grown as a result of that.

.Ziggy

zorlag

First Post

4-7 here as well. I'll state here that IMO 7 is just too much, since somebody is going to get left out while others play. That or pace of the game slows into a crawl.

Z.

bwgwl

First Post
5 + DM in one group, and 4 + GM in another (this one is Star Wars d20).

my previous D&D group hovered between 4 and 5 + DM.

that's the best range for a group, IMO. smaller than that and you start seeing gaps in party abilities, larger and things begin to slow down and people start getting lost in the shuffle.

BButler

First Post
Right now, there are three of us. One DMs, and the other two play characters. Right now, I'm playing the DM role. I must admit that I'm finding it hard to adjust to a party with only two characters. I'm finding it difficult to moderate between encounters that are too easy and TPKs.

Henry

Autoexreginated
currently, 6 counting myself. Last year, we had a group of 13 players. Boy, were combats fun! A true testament to the strength of the cyclical initiatives and combat options of 3E, our combats in the 13 person group STILL did not take more than two or three hours!

Frosty

First Post
We are nine in the group but we try to keep the number of players down to five plus DM per campaign. Amazingly all wear spectacles! :D

Bozo

First Post
8 needed

We have a group of 8...yes when they all show up its a lot but with 8 we always get at least 5 to show (including our host) and I believe 5 is the magic number...

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads