How much do your trust the advice of others?

iserith

Magic Wordsmith
The two types of game I'd prefer to join are a) where the DM is brand new to it and both she and her game will grow as she goes along, or b) where the DM has been at it for ages using the same system and is thus completely comfortable in what she's doing.

I'd probably be very hesitant to join a game where the DM never runs the same system twice (too much risk of confusing one system with another) and-or whose campaigns never seem to last longer than half a year (either has too short of an attention span to be a good DM or is just plain hard to get along with).

I find shorter campaigns more satisfying myself. It keeps the game focused and productive and it comes to a solid ending. Then you can move onto something else. I think it fits more realistically with adult life as well. I had all the time in the world as a kid so campaigns might stretch years. Ain't got time for that now.

I would also had that I'd put my 6-month campaigns up against campaigns twice or even three times as long that I've seen. We cover more content in less time in my experience.

Remove ads