D&D 5E How much would this character suck?

tglassy

Adventurer
As for getting your soul back, I've always viewed a Warlock as distinct from Clerics. They don't get their power from their Patron, their Patron is teaching them dark magic. In other words, what you've learned, you will know forever. If you ever break your contract with the Patron, they simply don't teach you anymore. That would mean no more levels in Warlock, but you keep what you've already learned.

So, going sorcerer here would make sense, though story wise being a Sorcerer isn't exactly something you choose, it's something you are. So, if your character learns, while still a Warlock, that he has dragon ancestry or something, then maybe being a Warlock unlocks that inner power. You can even fluff it that this is why the Patron chose to work with you, and why you were able to learn the Warlock powers.

TallIan

Explorer
Hi,

If you don't want the heavy armor, I find Fighter1 a bit less attractive.

...or if UA is permitted then either Favored Soul or maybe (especially) Shadow Sorcerer for the level 1 darkvision and darkness casting abilities, which you seem to want. ...

Thanks, I'd forgotten about the shadow sorcerer. It requires DM approval so maybe.

Otherwise, rogue first level over fighter as I get more skills, and seem to be wasting less (sneak attack sends to be the only really useless thing). The extra out of combat utility from that weeks me go pact of the chain and frees up a n invocation for devils sight, meaning I'll need less Warlock levels

... They don't get their power from their Patron, their Patron is teaching them dark magic. ...

... You can even fluff it that this is why the Patron chose to work with you, and why you were able to learn the Warlock powers.

Getting my soul back was a generic cliche I was using. I take a similar view to yours, but they want something back, maybe not your soul but something.

Your second point is exactly what I'm aiming at😃

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Remove ads