How much would you pay to see The Two Towers?

How much would you pay to see LOTR: The Two Towers right now?

• $10

Votes: 21 26.3%
  • $20

Votes: 25 31.3%
  • $40

Votes: 14 17.5%
  • $60

Votes: 6 7.5%
  • $80

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • $100

Votes: 6 7.5%
  • $150

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • More?

Votes: 4 5.0%

Quickbeam

Explorer
I said $60, but that answer requires a bit of explanation:

First, I'm making the assumption that we're discussing the finished product -- whether or not it's actually done IRL doesn't matter. My answer presumes the movie we'll all get to see next December.

Second, my choice of theater is very relevant. One of the neighboring suburbs has a brand new posh, deluxe moviehouse, which offers a very cool package for high profile premiers. For $25 you receive an assigned seat (you choose off a grid of available seats at the time of purchase, much like a concert or ballgame), valet parking, cocktails, a buffet dinner and all the popcorn and soda you want during the show. Very cool. And since I'm married that makes $50...throw in another $10 for any possible price hikes and I'm at $60.

thatdarncat

Overlord of Chat
Quickbeam said:
I said $60, but that answer requires a bit of explanation:

First, I'm making the assumption that we're discussing the finished product -- whether or not it's actually done IRL doesn't matter. My answer presumes the movie we'll all get to see next December.

About the same, though it works out to considerably less, considering I'm speaking in Canadian Dollars.

Second, my choice of theater is very relevant. One of the neighboring suburbs has a brand new posh, deluxe moviehouse, which offers a very cool package for high profile premiers. --snip--

:eek: :eek: :eek: what chain is this? how do I get in touch with them to convince them to come to Canada?

Lothaire

First Post
I voted for ten bucks. Yes, I really badly do want to see the movie. But I'm not going to sell a kidney to do so.

Besides there are plenty of things to tide me over, there is Queen of the Damned, Blade 2, Attack of the Clown...I mean Clones.

And those are just movies. I plan on seeing David Bowie, Sting and Rob Zombie in concert (No, not all in one show, that would be just plain old strange.)

Then there are conventions and other stuff.

Then I need to spend money on buying DVDs, Clothes, gas, books, video games, and food!

So I say $10, which is what seeing a normal movie costs me here in New York. Actually I wish it were just ten bucks.
Two tickets, because of course I must bring the lady, and then dinner and dessert and a cab. It comes out to like 70 bucks. Not something that really affordable for an unemployed college student. But bless her, she's worth it.

And Honestly, we're having a great deal of fun with me just reading LOTR out loud to her. It costs nothing, and is something that we both enjoy and treasure.

eXodus

Explorer
if i could see the two towers say, in an hour. if i could just go and get in my car and go see it in an hour. and only i could see the film, i would pay up to $100.

but if i had to wait until next year i would pay whatever the accepted price for movies is.

ASH

First Post
I voted $80
Now assuming that it is a finished product
i would pay 80 becuase i loved the first movie and
at about any time i blow about $80 every couple of months on nothing important. so i could forego throwing money out the window the see the sequil to the best movie i have ever seen

:)

Pale

First Post
I'd pay $5... that's the matinee price at my local theater, but I would go as high as $8 if I missed the matinee.

Remove ads