• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

hoW ofTeN iS yOUr dodeCaheDRon emPLoYed?

whiCH iS leaST empLOyeD iN plaY?

• teTRaheDRoN (4 siDeD)

Votes: 8 8.4%
  • cuBe (6 siDeD)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • oCtoheDRoN (8 siDeD)

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • deCaheDRoN (10 siDeD)

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • dodeCaheDRoN (12 siDeD, anD mY choiCE)

Votes: 75 78.9%
  • iCoSaheDRoN (20 siDeD)

Votes: 6 6.3%

Hennet-

First Post
Class/die connection

My personal favorite is the d4 (hp, Magic Missle) followed closely by the d6 (Fireball).

Krusk's d12 seem pretty worn, what with the gret axe and all. Jozan has several d8s that he's always using while healing people. And Lidda's always ready to hit you in the junk with some D6s.

Hmm, Monte Cook suggested selling dice sets w/miniatures. The sets would include extras of the die associated with the class of the miniature, so a rogue would get extra d6s.

I'd buy them if they were flashy enough.

(There isn't a big d10 activity for fighters/paladins & rangers is there?)

Glyfair

Explorer
El Ravager said:
Is there anything besides the greataxe that uses a d12 in 3E?

Well there is always the Barbarians hit die. In a game with a lot of level losses you could be using it a lot.

Glyfair of Glamis

Christian

Explorer
It's been mentioned (briefly) already, but I can't help bringing it up again ... Once my monk hits 12th level, that 'ol d12 will be seeing quite a bit of use. Three unarmed attacks per round, four if I flurry, doing 1d12+4 damage ... We'll be seeing that dodacehedron rolling across the table a lot more often than it does these days. (Right now, it mainly happens when the DM mistakes his 12-sider for his 20-sider, which he unfortunately always notices right away. :) )

EOL

First Post
Pentagonal Dodecahedron

Sure the d12 may not get used that much but when you consider that it has by far the coolest name of any of the dice... I know for most of you it's just Mr. Dodecahedron, but those of us more familiar with this particular regular polygon just call him Pentagonal. And the d12 is cool precisely because it's not used a lot in the same way that a cool car is one you don't see very often.

birdboy2000

First Post
The D12 may be rare, but my party does run into orcs.(And once had a half-orc.) As for the D4, there isn't a wizard or sorcerer in my party, and it doesn't run into them often.

M

Madriel's Mercy

Omegium said:

d4 the least? it is our most used die after the d20. We use Magic Missile a LOT

Clerics need d4s for rolling Bull's Strength, etc. d4 is the spellcaster's die.

Remove ads