• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

How soon will you switch?

How soon will you switch to 4E?

• As soon as it's out

Votes: 200 54.8%
  • When they have a decent amount of supplement books. (I.E. "complete" series, or somthing like it)

Votes: 20 5.5%
  • I don't know if I will.

Votes: 112 30.7%
  • NEVER!!!

Votes: 33 9.0%

Goken100

First Post
How come there's not an option for "even before it comes out!" I plan to execute as many Black Scout Maneauvers as possible at D&D Experience, so come February no 4th Edition secrets will be beyond my grasp! HUMAHAHA!

Baby Samurai

Banned
Banned
Like many others, I will switch once my current campaign (3.75 Planescape) wraps up – probably sometime next year.

Now to think of what campaign setting I will be introducing 4th Ed with?

Baby Samurai

Banned
Banned
Goken100 said:
How come there's not an option for "even before it comes out!" I plan to execute as many Black Scout Maneauvers as possible at D&D Experience, so come February no 4th Edition secrets will be beyond my grasp!

I know what you mean, what with my group implementing many of the Saga changes and other tidbits, we are basically playing 3.75 or what have you.

Wanderer20

First Post
As long I consider 4E a way to get money and NOT a way to improve the game, I won't switch, and luckily this is my group's way, so I'll be able to continue playing.

Pinotage

Explorer
FireLance said:
Interesting. I have almost the exact opposite point of view. I'm planning to switch immediately, so that I can be PART of the community banging away on the rules, discussing the problems, and coming up with house rules. :)

Yip. Although I won't buy the core books until this has been done. I'll probably take a good look at the SRD first, bang it around in the community, and if I like what I see, I'll switch then. 3.5e was a big improvement on 3e, and I'm hoping I feel the same way about 4e.

Pinotage

I would switch right away (as long as the rules are half as good as the hype is claiming), except that I have far too many 3.5 adventures I still want to run (Savage Tide, a couple Expedition To's, GameMastery Modules, etc.). Not to mention, as a player, there's still classes I want to explore since the weird, quirky stuff they publish at the end with alternate classes and such is what I like the most. I'm not done with my incarnum, binders, and such. :)

So, although the rules sound good to me, my main home campaigns will probably stay 3.5 well into 2009.

However, as a freelance writer, I'll be all over those rules as soon as I can get my grubby hands on them. (Any publishers getting the rules early and want a writer willing to work cheap to see them?) :D With the writing, I'll of course run small adventures and encounters for playtesting purposes. But for out and out campaigns, I still have too many 3.5 ones to run.

GlassJaw

Hero
If it's good, I will probably switch right away. If it's not, I won't switch, at least for a while and quite possibly never.

Whereas 3E was a vast improvement over 1/2ed, I can do so much with d20 system now that 4E really has a much more difficult task to win me over. 3E could have probably just done away with THAC0 and I still would have switched.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads