How to annoy a paladin, and not get killed in the procces?

kitcik

Adventurer
Play a lawful good character, but continuously commit evil acts.

Come up with hokey, far-fetched reasons for why they were necessary - that you act out in charades because you have taken a "vow of silence".

Neither the paladin nor the DM will know what to do.

the Jester

Legend
IMHO no game is better than playing with a jerk.

2 pcs plus dm is fine if the alternative is 3 pcs, one of whom is a jerk.

If you really want to do the 'annoy the paladin' thing, I'd start by making sure that the rest of the party is good with that sort of playstyle- YOU don't want to turn into the annoying jerk when you do whatever you do.

Another possibility would be if the DM tossed a Dread Witch at him (Heroes of Horror). Why? Because few things screw with a Paladin more than that immunity to fear suddenly being ignored.

However, there are some players who would call massive BS on that and storm off. Usually those types are the ones you don't want to play with, so it can end up better.

Ragmon

Explorer
And, now for some sly tricks you could pull:
1) Create an evil and more powerful character than his and get SRD:Undetectable Alignment - D&D Wiki
2) Conspire with your DM to create a lawful good monster which is usually evil and let him slaughter it. Then refuse to help him get his atonement (or charge for the help)
Good luck!

1. Yea that is always an option, lol I actuly did that once, the first and only time I was allowed to play a Ninja years ago....Lets just say Certain Poisons and the Hat of Disguise is banned from the game, and I am not allowed to play any character that is required to kill the PCs (Even tho the DM told me so).

2. Well our DM is great...but lacks the "conspire against certain PCs" part from his vocabulary, 99% of the time when I'm creating a character thats want to be secretive and we talk it over 1v1...he brings it up when the sesion and the character creation starts..."So Ragmon you want to be a shape-changer with True neutral alignment...what did i tell you your not allowed to play a true neutral character... XD"

And thanks for the advice...but talking is not a real option IMO.

Ragmon

Explorer
Play a lawful good character, but continuously commit evil acts.

Come up with hokey, far-fetched reasons for why they were necessary - that you act out in charades because you have taken a "vow of silence".

Neither the paladin nor the DM will know what to do.

Could i get an example for this? Cause it don't think I understand it fully.

Ragmon

Explorer
Become a Paladin also and show him how a Paladin is supposed to be played?

Yes I actually planned that from the start... but well read below.
Well the first character that I was planning was a Kobold Paladin (with the explanation of "its not as bad of an idea as a LG Bugbear/monk" :p).

But the prospect of playing a creation of previous epic level character was much more tantalizing.

Ragmon

Explorer
It's something kids do. You hold a finger in someone's face and they get annoyed but you say "I'm not touching you" which in kid logic means they are in the clear. It's very childish and that seems to fit this. :D

Oh that "I'm not touching you".
And how does this translate into D&D? Ask a bystander and hold a knife to there throat and say "I am not killing him"? :p

Remove ads