• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

How to build a better assassin...

YourAssassin

First Post
Hello! I'm new to the forums, so I decided to go ahead and start asking questions and see how things go. I'm playing a blackflame zealot (rogue1/cleric3/blackflame zealot 5) from the Complete Divine, and I'm kind of dissatisfied with Death Attack. The fort save is only 16 (class level + int modifier) and nearly everything we fight right now seems to save. I cant get hold of many +int items, since we have two wizards who always get them. Are there any feats, or really anything, that could help me with this? Anything would be appreciated!

FalcWP

Explorer
It would account for a major chunk of your wealth at ninth level, but you could go for an assassin's dagger (+2 Dagger that gives a +1 bonus on the DC). Possibly look for it in a different sort of weapon, especially if you're focusing in something (say you worship a deity that would favor assassins, and their favorite weapon is the rapier). Could provide a nifty sidequest for the entire group... knock out a powerful assassin, help the city, get rewarded, and you get a nice weapon. But even then, its still just a relatively marginal increase to the DC, though every little bit helps.

YourAssassin

First Post
Alright, thanks for the help

Well, I can't get a real assassin because my current DM is running a non-evil campaign. Ability Focus sounds pretty good, I'll have to look at that.Assassin's dagger sounds pretty awesome too. Are there any other feats/magical items that, not necessarily help with Death Attack, but would just be good for a Blackflame Zealot in general? Anyone here PLAYED an assassin or zealot before? Thanks.

smootrk

First Post
Just start arming yourself with non-lethal poisons, or if you are good look into Book of Exalted Deeds for 'good' poisons. There is also an Exalted PRC that is essentially a Good Assasin called Slayer of Domiel. Worth a look.

Imruphel

First Post
Try the Character Optimisation boards over at wizards.com. Some of the guys there are seriously talented when it comes to designing the "perfect" character.

Nyaricus

First Post
Imruphel said:
Try the Character Optimisation boards over at wizards.com. Some of the guys there are seriously talented when it comes to designing the "perfect" character.
The perfect min/maxed character :p

Oh well, they usually mean well - just ware the abomination that is Pun-Pun!! GAW!!

;)

Remove ads