D&D 5E How to get a continuous advantage?

delph

Explorer
Hi everyone,
I'm curious about how to get continous advantages on attacks.
I know just 4 ways:
  • raging barbarian
  • vow of enmity by Vengeance paladin
  • darkness and devil's sight or shadow sorcerer (but I'm not fighting alone and it need concentration)
  • fighting spirit by samurai fighter (but only for 3 turns)

but I need something for my Hexblade melee with PAM, GWM feats, and Spirit shrouds spell. It can deliver a huge amount of dmg, but need to hit. And elven accuracy and hexblade curse can help much, but it needs an advantage for 2 attacks from action and 1 attack from bonus action for few turns. And only dip I'll plan to do is start as a divine sorcerer for CON save and 2d4 bless when need it.
Help action is just for a first attack...
Bless from cleric is usefull, but ...

MNblockhead

A Title Much Cooler Than Anything on the Old Site
If all the other players in your group have inspiration they could just keep giving you inspiration for everyone round. Make an all human party under the proposed new rules for humans in One DnD and after each long rest, the entire party should have inspiration. That's an easy 4 to 6 rounds of inspiration with average party size.

delph

Explorer
today morning I'v got surprise efect - get enemy prone. Barbarian can easily do it. If I do trade of spirit shroud spell to common hex and give hex on str checks, then barbarian can do it with advantage and target with disadvantage.

delph

Explorer
If all the other players in your group have inspiration they could just keep giving you inspiration for everyone round. Make an all human party under the proposed new rules for humans in One DnD and after each long rest, the entire party should have inspiration. That's an easy 4 to 6 rounds of inspiration with average party size.
we are not playing with One DnD rules and didn't read that yet. :-/ but maybe worth for reading :D

aco175

Legend
Where is that from?
It is from Tasha's . You give up moving and use your bonus action, but you get to attack with advantage which lets you sneak attack a single foe.

Steady Aim

3rd-level rogue feature

As a bonus action, you give yourself advantage on your next attack roll on the current turn. You can use this bonus action only if you haven’t moved during this turn, and after you use the bonus action, your speed is 0 until the end of the current turn.

delph

Explorer
It is from Tasha's . You give up moving and use your bonus action, but you get to attack with advantage which lets you sneak attack a single foe.

Steady Aim

3rd-level rogue feature

As a bonus action, you give yourself advantage on your next attack roll on the current turn. You can use this bonus action only if you haven’t moved during this turn, and after you use the bonus action, your speed is 0 until the end of the current turn.
Now it's a question if it's better to lose your bonus action for advantage instead of a third attack from PAM feat. But it gives me an opportunity to exchange this feat for +2 to CHA. But it needs 3 lvls in Rogue. And it's still for first next attack no for all. :rolleyes:

Remove ads