• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

How to handle Movement

Which system do you like for movement?

• Starwars

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • DMG direct (page 69)

• Same terms as the DMG, but smooth it out

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • I got a better system and have posted it bellow

• I liked a posted system better

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • None of these systems works for me

BlackJaw

First Post
Another thing to work on is basic movement. Lets see what our viewers think on this.

1) Starwars d20 system of movement points. Ships have a system of movement points, as determined by their declared speed. points are spent on turning, moving, sliding, moving at an angle, etc.
Pros: realistic, works with Starwars.
Cons: VERY complex to run. The Starwars players I know either use their own system, or just ignore space stuff as much as possible. It also means converting every flight spell, effect, or monster.

2) Direct usage of the DMG (pg 69). Depending on the movement ratting associated with it, crafts are restricted to traveling a spicific min. distance before they can turn, or do much of anything else.
Pros: If it's in the DMG, its kinda official. Works for all current spells, monsters, etc. Realistic concepts of restricted movement.
Cons: COMPLEX. designed for a 5' scale in atmosphere only. Not realistic beacuse it a ship is either one thing or another, no middle ground.

3) Same terms as the DMG, but a less complex system. We come up with a set of rules, but design them around the system presented in the DMG (the same terms). I have a system in the works.
Pros: very compatible and works with all spells, monsters, and effects.
Cons: Not so realistic, and a bit limiting as something is either one ratting or another.

Remove ads